Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just witnessed a lady at Footlocker buy her son a pair of Nikes for $100 bucks..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 603 Replies
1 mom liked this

And all because he demanded that he wanted them..and he looked like he was 7 yrs old. Who pays $100 on a pair shoes for a young child when by December ..their feet no longer fit those $100 shoes?,? Would spend that amount of money on a little kid shoes?WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:03 PM
17 moms liked this

I have always bought my kids name brand shoes.  With that comes a high price tag.  I wouldn't have bought them if he demanded, but that's just how I roll.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM
6 moms liked this
I wouldn't, but I don't care about other people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM
3 moms liked this
My parents always bought us Nike shoes and Starter jackets as children. Were a huge basketball family.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I,wouldn't, especially not if he demanded them. But, not my kid, not my money, not my business so...I wouldn't care.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Not me.  I bought DD her first pair of "expensive" shoes in middle school-after her feet were done growing.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I would not, because my son is rough as hell on shoes, and Nikes are not sturdy enough for him. We have better luck with Converse and Adidas for him.  But I might for my daughter. She is already very particular about shoes and takes care of her stuff really well.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Me personally not a $100 but we always buy good name brand shoes. More power to her if she can afford it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
I might. But with the condition that they're kept in perfect condition so they could be resold once outgrown. I'm sure you could easily get 50$ for them in a few months. I've spent quite a bit of money on uggs for dd.
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
We do....I take him to stores and he chooses what he likes. Whether it's footlocker or walmart. If I couldn't afford it I'd take him somewhere less expensive
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh, the horror.... Lock her up, ASAP. It is a crime to spend $100 on shoes for a 7 year old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN