Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If she tells me my ds has adhd one more time..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I will cut her ot of my life. My so called best friend keeps telling me my ds almost 5 has adhd. Okay first of all she sees my kids once every 6 months or so. She isnt a great friend at all really.

Yet anytime we talk about the kids..hers or mine she tells me my ds has adhd and when he starts school I will find out real fast. She tells me he will be put on meds and if not will have a hard time learning.

Why would she say that..over and over?! Also my son is far from adhd..I know what adhd looks like in kids. There is no way my ds has it. He doesn't show any signs at all and he is a quick learner. He can count to 100, knows abc's, can write letters and numbers, write his name. He scored above average on his kinder screening test.

Now for someone who never sees my ds but once in awhile im sure I would know over anyone if ds had adhd. I try to tell her this and tell her there is no way my ds is..but she is so positive he has it.

I guess I needed to vent..I cant talk to her right now. I hate that with her she always puts down my kids trying to make herself feel better I guess. Saying my dd doesnt talk as well as her dd..same age both almost 3. Why does she do that? I never say anything like that about her kids..ever.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM

If she's not a good friend, stop talking to her. Idk why she'd say that. I'm guessing she has her reasons. 

Laura1427
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Yeah my son is 5 and was recently diagnosed with ADHD. It irritates me when people tell me he is "just a kid". So I can relate, but on the other side of the problem. Lol.

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:52 PM
It sounds like she is trying to one up you. It could be her kids worry her so if she talks about how crappy your kids are (be it true or not) she feels better about hers. What have been the reasons for her saying your kid has ADHD? And next time she talks about how much better her kid is as such and such compared to yours just ask her the last time she was that question on an application.
mysticatgal
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I would say they are over diagnosing that and his energy is normal for boys his age but he is learning really well when it comes down to it. Otherwise I'd limit conversations with her
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids with ADHD can be quick learners, too. Just sayin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

ADHD does NOT = stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Not sure what her reasons are. I think some took my post wrong too. Im not saying having adhd equals stupid. I have add myself. Never said that..but there is no reason for her to say my ds has adhd..he isnt hyperactive at all. She has all girls so maybe she thinks boys act the same..I dont really know. She has also said before he will have an iep? I think thats what she said..I dont know much about what that is exactly but that one of her kids has it as she told me.

Im not picking on anyone with learning disabilities or adhd..I struggled the whole time I was in school because I have a hard time learning. My mom never did a thing. If my ds does have a problem I will be the first to get him help. Just pisses me off that my best friend who never sees my ds tells me he has this or that. My ds is laid back for being a boy and his age. He is a sweet kid who is always putting ithers first and wants to please all his friends. It wouldnt bother me if ds did have adhd..it bothers me that she keeps telling me that.

Quoting young_lv_mom: It sounds like she is trying to one up you. It could be her kids worry her so if she talks about how crappy your kids are (be it true or not) she feels better about hers. What have been the reasons for her saying your kid has ADHD? And next time she talks about how much better her kid is as such and such compared to yours just ask her the last time she was that question on an application.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Right..im not picking on anyone with adhd either. I have a hard time learning and struggled in school so im the last one to be talking bad about this. What upsets me is people who think they know more about my kids than I do..people who never see them. Thats what bothers me. That and I think she puts my kids down so she feels better..and I always tell her how great her kids.

Quoting Laura1427:

Yeah my son is 5 and was recently diagnosed with ADHD. It irritates me when people tell me he is "just a kid". So I can relate, but on the other side of the problem. Lol.

MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:51 PM
I'm not saying she's right or a good friend BUT all your reasons why your child is not ADHD outside the he's not hyper is not why. Ds is super quick learner he was ahead UNTIL he started having issues due to behavior. He was a sweet loving boy and a class leader inpre-k and tops in reading etc. Although very active.
Things changed when he regular school. Some of hos issues I put straight on the school/teacher others are/were due to hos ADHD.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:56 PM

there are 7 different types of add- adhd is just one of them. therefore while the child might not have full blown adhd. it is still possible to have it. you can also have adhd and be A plus student. it is also possible to have more then one type of add.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)