Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That kid being shot shouldn't be about race.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
6 moms liked this
I haven't read much about the story.. but I've gathered so far that a young black guy was shot by an officer. It sickens me how some people say it's because he was black. They say they want "justice" because (supposedly?) the cop was white. It shouldn't be about race, it should be about stopping cops from thinking they're invincible shit. No one "riots" when black people shoot other black people.. do those victims not matter? Racism is only alive still today because they keep bringing it up and shoving it down everyone's throats. Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheCupcakeMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM
5 moms liked this

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have to make their millions somehow!

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the whole "invincible cop" part....
DW030714
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. I'm upset because a cop shot an unarmed civilian in broad daylight. Forget the racial stuff. But I don't blame the black community for being upset. I would hope any community would be upset by a teenager killed by someone who is supposed to serve and protect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Super agree. If the cop heard over the radio the description of the robbery suspects. He may have pulled up for that reason. If that is the case they cannot even claim profiling. He pulled over because two possible robbery suspects were walking down the road.
This has nothing to do with race. The cop may have over reached his power we don't know that part. But I do not think race played any part in this case. The cop didn't go out after the kid just because he was black.
Also white or black if you want to dress and act like a thug people are going to distrust you like a thug
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

ame4c
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Sorry my cell phone cut me off....LOL...

I would agree normally, but I am from Missouri and although I am not from Ferguson I have many friends who are and still live there.  This is about race because it's been going on for awhile now.  There is even a video out where the cops beat up an elderly lady walking with a cane in Ferguson about 2 yrs ago.  The city is predominatley black and has an all white police force.  The police are rude and violent. 

The issues in Ferguson are not over this one incident.  This was just the one that launched the national interest in the issues going on in the town.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM
This. They're typically the most racist out of everyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, if african americans didnt throw the race card over everything, there would be no race issues.

The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree and would hope so too.

Quoting DW030714:

I agree. I'm upset because a cop shot an unarmed civilian in broad daylight. Forget the racial stuff. But I don't blame the black community for being upset. I would hope any community would be upset by a teenager killed by someone who is supposed to serve and protect.

LoveVenus
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
This... also as I stated in other post about this issue, its not a black or white thing. Its a human race thing. Respect for human life

Quoting DW030714:

CheesyKitty
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Especially since a 17 yr old was shot and killed down the street from me by another black male last Saturday. He got 2 minutes on the local news then nothing. All he was doing was walking in a park parking lot, not fighting with cops after any sort of crime.

Both are young black kids, neither deserved to die. But only one story fuels race wars and is therefore exploited.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)