Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That kid being shot shouldn't be about race.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I haven't read much about the story.. but I've gathered so far that a young black guy was shot by an officer. It sickens me how some people say it's because he was black. They say they want "justice" because (supposedly?) the cop was white. It shouldn't be about race, it should be about stopping cops from thinking they're invincible shit. No one "riots" when black people shoot other black people.. do those victims not matter? Racism is only alive still today because they keep bringing it up and shoving it down everyone's throats. Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Replies (111-117):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
When an "innocent kid" man handles a little guy who is just trying to protect his business, it makes me think he's a thug. When a cop says he was also in a confrontation with him, I believe him.
He's probably done this before and wasn't caught...
I don't really care what happens to thugs who steal and push around people trying to protect their business. It's just how I am.
Sorry if it bothers you.

Quoting CharmMom1216: You don't believe 20 witnesses than why do a investigation. You convicted this young man for a incident that was unrelated to the confrontation that lead to his death.

Quoting twinmommy27: That's the problem, I don't believe the witnesses. It will come out eventually as to what actually happened..
No one knows what happened yet, all is speculation.
I am ok with believing what the officer stated since I saw the pictures from the store.

Quoting CharmMom1216: There are more than one witness. Being aggressive during his contact with the officer at the tine is the issue. The issie with the fatal shot is the fact the male was in a surrendering non threaten positioning. The police have rules as well.
Quoting twinmommy27: He went to the hospital. I'm sure everything will come out.
If he shot just to shoot, he'd have probably shot the other one as well. It doesn't make sense.
The video footage shows that he's aggressive, I can only go by what the officer said once the footage was released, I believe him. The other witness was with him in the store, I don't really believe what he has to say.
Quoting CharmMom1216: Where is the proof that he tried to take the weapon? The cop won't even play the dash cam that recordes everything. A live witness says otherwise. Despite all of that. The fatal shot was after the male had his hands up. Surrendering. I guess all those witness accounts are irrelevant.
Quoting twinmommy27: He was 6'4 and 200+lbs. if I was a cop and he was trying to take my gun, I'd have shot him too.
Quoting AmaliaD: Have you been to the south? If he was white, he would've never been shot. Beaten yes but not dead.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM
The videos should prove the statements then.

I'm not really worried about it. If this was some young man that wasn't a criminal I would probably care. This is not the case and I'm giving you my honest thoughts on the subject.

I don't like when police do unjustified or unethical things because of the color of someone's skin or because they think they are above the law. This just doesn't strike me as that.

Quoting CharmMom1216: Videos have been posted on fb and youtube. They are not all friends. Some are neighbors. Visitors of neighbors. So your assuming all witnesses are lieing before hearing their testimony. Again I ask why do an investigation than.

Quoting twinmommy27: Because 20 witnesses could be a bunch of pissed off friends of the guy.
You know they all had cell phones, where are the videos?

Quoting CharmMom1216: You don't believe 20 witnesses than why do a investigation

Quoting twinmommy27: That's the problem, I don't believe the witnesses. It will come out eventually as to what actually happened..
No one knows what happened yet, all is speculation.
I am ok with believing what the officer stated since I saw the pictures from the store.

Quoting CharmMom1216: There are more than one witness. Being aggressive during his contact with the officer at the tine is the issue. The issie with the fatal shot is the fact the male was in a surrendering non threaten positioning. The police have rules as well.
Quoting twinmommy27: He went to the hospital. I'm sure everything will come out.
If he shot just to shoot, he'd have probably shot the other one as well. It doesn't make sense.
The video footage shows that he's aggressive, I can only go by what the officer said once the footage was released, I believe him. The other witness was with him in the store, I don't really believe what he has to say.
Quoting CharmMom1216: Where is the proof that he tried to take the weapon? The cop won't even play the dash cam that recordes everything. A live witness says otherwise. Despite all of that. The fatal shot was after the male had his hands up. Surrendering. I guess all those witness accounts are irrelevant.
Quoting twinmommy27: He was 6'4 and 200+lbs. if I was a cop and he was trying to take my gun, I'd have shot him too.
Quoting AmaliaD: Have you been to the south? If he was white, he would've never been shot. Beaten yes but not dead.
pinkblckstar
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Rip michael brown
autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:01 PM

wtf?

Quoting Anonymous:

hi med32

Quoting autodidact:

what steaming pile of bullshit. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, if african americans didnt throw the race card over everything, there would be no race issues.

QueenBEarth
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Racism has never gone both ways.   Racism is a form of power and control, not opinions.  Opinions goes both ways.  Did you know him, though? Because your statement implies that because the media, which is always does, painted a negative picture of him as being "no angel" that his death was justified.  I am sure ur children are no angels.  Do they deserve to be killed by the police?

Quoting Anonymous: The media and the family have made it about race . Racism goes both ways these days . This is about a 18 year old boy killed by a cop for the 100% truth we don't know right now . What we know is his family is hurting . He was no angel
Quoting QueenBEarth:

I agree with you all about an unarmed citizen being killed by police is morally and humanly sickening.  However, leave the comments about black people out of it.  Racism is alive and well because of historical and present discrepencies in law enforcement, social structure, prision sentencing, "percieved" beauty standards, job opportunities, community structures, economical advancement, constitutional rights and the list goes on.  Racism has never died.  This country was built on the system of racism and if you know anything about this country's history, you would know that and have a well informed honest opinion about it.  Furthermore If race is to be left out, do not bring it up in your complaints.  And, if you are not black, you cannot justify what blacks do when they kill eachother.  Whites kill whites, latinos kill latinos, asians kill asians.  Lets stop perpetuating BS.  If the case was not about race, then do not bring up race in your arguments. To call a black person racist is like calling a duck a pig.  So, again, I reiterate, if you want race to be left out of the argumet, dont bring it up!  Simple, right? If you are shocked by this aghast occurance, be an ally and demand that this cop be brought to justice with the rest of us, and, as you stated, lets leave race out of it.  I have friends of all colors, and two of them, who happen to be white, did not have fathers in their lives.  That is a racist comment.  Opps!  I think I called you racist.  Peace to you all. 

Quoting Anonymous: Where are your tears for black on white crime for black on black crime for black dads who walk out on multiple women? Wait, let me whisper about those things for fear of being racist.
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Race issues only arise because African-Americans bring it up. 

Because I question your intelligence, let me spell it out.  That was SARCASM.

This is one of the stupidest things I have heard in a long time.  Racism is a reality and it exists because there are still people in this world who are racist.  It is not kept alive simply because people talk about it.  Are all people of a particular race racist?  No, of course not.  Have there been instances where someone claims racism when that is not what really happened?  Yes, that has happened.  But to say that there would be no race issues if African-Americans "didn't throw the race card over everything" is either ignorance or stupidity at its finest.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, if african americans didnt throw the race card over everything, there would be no race issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It shouldn't be the "black" community though.  We should stand up as community without color being a factor.

Quoting DW030714:

I agree. I'm upset because a cop shot an unarmed civilian in broad daylight. Forget the racial stuff. But I don't blame the black community for being upset. I would hope any community would be upset by a teenager killed by someone who is supposed to serve and protect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:12 PM

If he was white it would be more sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN