Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my daughter is really gassy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I breastfeed and formula feed. Mostly nurses for comfort anf mainly at night. She gets formula while I'm at work. Since I can never get enough her. (Ex 8hr.shift. two 15min sessions i would only get 1.5oz)
I'm not eating anything new. Shes had the same formula since coming home... she alway been a little gassy (she gets it from me) but lately its painful for her. She is 8months... shez doing good with food. I'm lost...
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Formula or food.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Bubsy
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Have you tried infant gas drops? They really help my dd when she gets gassy.
Yosoytumamii
by Mami on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Rub clock-wise circles with olive oil on her belly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Have you tried eliminating dairy from your diet?  Dairy is a very common cause of painful gas in infants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Thank you ladies ill try all your suggestions!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Talk to the ladies in the breastfeeding group. Breastfed babies only need 3 oz of breastmilk in a bottle every 3 hours no matter how old they are. Go to kellymom & search bottle feeding a breastfed baby. You might need to pump more often & drink more fluids. Formula is probably causing the gas :(

Lax5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Gripe water works awesome with my son!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:45 AM

at work I can only pump on scheduled breaks (and I can only get in 15 mins max). I can only pump .5 a session. but I havent pumped since she started solids. just been hand expressing to relieve pressure and keep milk flow going. I drink 3 litres a day... ive talked to them and I just get a headache now...they dont even try to help me. just insist my whole issue is derived from one thing. and theyve never seen her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Talk to the ladies in the breastfeeding group. Breastfed babies only need 3 oz of breastmilk in a bottle every 3 hours no matter how old they are. Go to kellymom & search bottle feeding a breastfed baby. You might need to pump more often & drink more fluids. Formula is probably causing the gas :(

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:47 AM
I think you should start pumping once every morning to help give your daughter more breastmilk while you're at work. It's probably a combination of the food and formula. Ease up on the solids for a while until the problem goes away. I don't know how much food she's eating on a daily basis, but having less would probably help her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:52 AM
It's most likely the formula. Gas drops work wonders
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN