Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

eeeek!!! a mouse!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
We moved into this house almost 2 months ago renting with the option to possibly buy later on. Its a gorgeous house out in the country so im not super surprised I guess. I decided spur of the moment to make muffins tonight to go with breakfast tomorrow and I found mouse droppings in one of my loaf pans!!!! Eek!! Yuck!!! Called my landlord and they said they'll bring some mousetraps tomorrow. My question is what is good to put on them other than peanut butter. With SEVERE allergies, Im worried about my 2.5 year old getting ahold of it. The kitchen area is gated off but the little turd sometimes finds her way in there. Thought about glue traps but they just seem inhumane to me. Poison is not an option as during the day I have 2-2.5 year olds running around. Any ideas ladies??? Also thought about a cat, but dh is alleric. Ughhhh.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:00 PM

cheese, of course!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Mice dont actually like cheese. Its a weird misconception. Lol we had them growing up and they never touched the stuff!

Quoting wooly:

cheese, of course!

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:02 PM
I second the cheese. Cheese wiz works pretty well. Just make sure you change them out because it stinks after a day or two.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Like spray cheese? That would make sense cause my mom always used sliced cheese.

Quoting t1gger143: I second the cheese. Cheese wiz works pretty well. Just make sure you change them out because it stinks after a day or two.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM

My mama used to catch them with flour. Don't know why, but it worked like a charm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM
I put cheese on glue traps and it worked when peanut butter didn't.

Quoting Anonymous: Mice dont actually like cheese. Its a weird misconception. Lol we had them growing up and they never touched the stuff!

Quoting wooly:

cheese, of course!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Do you have a crawl space? We toss d-con in our crawl space.
TheFairest
by Zombie on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM
They sell child proof poison. They come in a little box.
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Sliced seems to dry up after a few hours. We had an invasion in our garage. I caught way too many. Ick!

Quoting Anonymous: Like spray cheese? That would make sense cause my mom always used sliced cheese.

Quoting t1gger143: I second the cheese. Cheese wiz works pretty well. Just make sure you change them out because it stinks after a day or two.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Did the old fashioned wooden traps with peanut butter. I think those traps are the best really. But I have no clue what to use other than pb. I'd try the cheese wiz.
I caught a few myself. Dh thought it was hysterical. One ran under the dust pan and I just stomped on it. Then I got really did guests and made dh come deal with it. I would even lift the dust pan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN