Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is something weird in my vagina!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had my last period at the beginning of June. I use a menstrual cup and I noticed something unusual while I was inserting it. It feels like a squishy knot. Almost like I was touching my cervix, but it was way too far down. I worried a little about it, but then decided it was probably a normal change from being on my period or maybe a little swelling or irritation from the cup. I finished my period and more or less forgot about it. I've had some pain off and on inside my vagina along with back aches and hard cramps that last for a day or two and then go away. I haven't had a period in almost three months. I have my tubes tied, but I have taken two pregnancy tests and they were both negative. Yesterday I noticed the pain in my vagina again and suddenly remembered the thing I felt in there in June. I checked again and it is still there. The pain won't go away and I am really starting to worry. I tried a couple of GYNs in the area and found one that would take my insurance. They made me fill out all of the paper work online before they would schedule an appointment and then told me it would be three weeks before they could see me (at 4 o'clock on a Friday afternoon, when they finally called to schedule the appointment). I am going to try other doctors on Monday. Has anyone had anything like this before? Any ideas? I really don't want to go to the ER and I doubt they could help much anyway. I also really don't want to wait 3 weeks to see a doctor.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beyonce1
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:13 AM
What is a normal pregnancy test!
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
An alien laid an egg in you, next time wrap your diva cup in foil.

Seriously though, wait to see your gyn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I swear I just saw that and corrected it! LOL. Negative. I am really tired.

Quoting Beyonce1: What is a normal pregnancy test!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Dang aliens! 

Thanks. :-)

Quoting mybabyapples: An alien laid an egg in you, next time wrap your diva cup in foil. Seriously though, wait to see your gyn.

Beyonce1
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM
:-) got it. I'm sure everything would be just fine. Update us after the appoint. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

I swear I just saw that and corrected it! LOL. Negative. I am really tired.

Quoting Beyonce1: What is a normal pregnancy test!

Cocomicah
by time lord on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Ask someone to look in there for you.
Where is the knot that you feel?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM

If I put my fingers in, they can go up to the first bend before I can feel it. Maybe about an an inch inside.

Quoting Cocomicah: Ask someone to look in there for you. Where is the knot that you feel?

Stashlee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe a cyst?
Cocomicah
by time lord on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Ehhhh.. It's on the wall?

Quoting Anonymous:

If I put my fingers in, they can go up to the first bend before I can feel it. Maybe about an an inch inside.

Quoting Cocomicah: Ask someone to look in there for you.
Where is the knot that you feel?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:20 AM

That is possible, but most of those seem to be caused by an STI at some point, or they are much more likely if you have had one. As far as I know, I have never had one. If I do, my husband will have some explaining to do.

Quoting Stashlee: Maybe a cyst?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)