Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who here sounds educated?

Posted by   + Show Post

We know a lot of people sound ignorant here, but who sounds educated?

I think Danesmommy and vegaswife too.

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Replies (201-208):
want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:24 AM

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh again, slang. thots is slang for thoughts. is that something you didn't know?

Quoting luvnmyboi: Thots?
Quoting want10more:

i am educated, but i use slang a lot. i say prolly instead of probably. etc etc. my slang might sound uneducated. my thots are not. and in any event, true ignorance comes from a place of hate and judgemental thots. not the wording........

luvnmyboi
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:26 AM
No I figured it out. I just found it ironic.

Quoting want10more:

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh again, slang. thots is slang for thoughts. is that something you didn't know?

Quoting want10more:

i am educated, but i use slang a lot. i say prolly instead of probably. etc etc. my slang might sound uneducated. my thots are not. and in any event, true ignorance comes from a place of hate and judgemental thots. not the wording........

want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:38 AM

when someone points it out themselves, it cannot be irony. it's simply a statement of how they speak. irony comes in when they cannot catch it themselves.

Quoting luvnmyboi: No I figured it out. I just found it ironic.
Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

luvnmyboi
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:40 AM
That's what you think, and I respect that.

Quoting want10more:

when someone points it out themselves, it cannot be irony. it's simply a statement of how they speak. irony comes in when they cannot catch it themselves.

Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

Yum_Cupcakes
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:41 AM

OwlNuggets . . ?

I don't know if I'm spelling the name correctly. 

Yum_Cupcakes
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:43 AM

There are different forms of irony. Some do involve being obvious and acknowleding their statement as irony. 

Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

supermama322
by Kaylee on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:45 AM
There are lots. Can't think of sn's now. Lol
want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM

intentional irony is diff than accidental or purposeful.

Quoting Yum_Cupcakes:

There are different forms of irony. Some do involve being obvious and acknowleding their statement as irony. 

Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting want10more:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)