Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone been to...

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

Amsterdam? My cousin has a business partner who has a house in Amsterdam, he asked him to come visit for a few days and to bring along some friends, since my cousin hardly ever gets a break, so he asked me if we wanted to go and make a family vacation out of it. I've been to places nearby there, but I have never been to Amsterdam so we are doing some research on what we would like to do there.

It will be myself, my husband, my cousin, my aunt, my seven year old son, and my son and daughter who will be a little over a year. We are taking a ship over, so after spending a few days on board we want to do a lot of active activities to stretch our legs. We know that we want to go to the Anne Frank House and the Van Gogh Museum, plus a couple of art museums, does anyone have any other suggestions?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Never been there, here's a bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Tripadvisor is great for this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I've been there. I went to the places you mentioned. Anne Frank museum is pretty small. Really the Van Gogh Museum isn't huge either. We asked them if they had Starry Night, and they laughed and guessed we were American. Then they told us that Starry Night is in NYC, but Americans always ask if it's there, lol.

To be honest, though, I was glad when we left. Amsterdam was not my favorite place. But Belgium was close, and the waffles that you can get in the streets there are unlike anything I've ever eaten! And Germany is also close. It's easy to travel around there and see other places.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM
What a great place to visit! Hope you have a great trip!
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM

We don't mind them being small. We have seen Starry NIght, we live in upstates NY, its in the MOMA. We've been to Germany before with my son and I've been to Belguim and other places in the Netherlands, Amsterdam is one of the few big cities I haven't been to so I'm looking forward to it even if its not huge.

Quoting Anonymous: I've been there. I went to the places you mentioned. Anne Frank museum is pretty small. Really the Van Gogh Museum isn't huge either. We asked them if they had Starry Night, and they laughed and guessed we were American. Then they told us that Starry Night is in NYC, but Americans always ask if it's there, lol. To be honest, though, I was glad when we left. Amsterdam was not my favorite place. But Belgium was close, and the waffles that you can get in the streets there are unlike anything I've ever eaten! And Germany is also close. It's easy to travel around there and see other places.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Thanks!
Quoting Anonymous: What a great place to visit! Hope you have a great trip!
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:17 PM

BUMP!

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:20 PM

My BIL, his wife and some of their friends went to Amsterdam about 15 years ago; I don't think the places they went are places you'd be taking your children. They want to go back.   I'd love to see the Anne Frank Museum.  

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Where did they go? We aren't taking the kids to any of the marajuana places or to the red light district (though my cousin wants to go one night just to look while his mom watches the kids), but we are open to anywhere else.

Quoting disneymom2two:

My BIL, his wife and some of their friends went to Amsterdam about 15 years ago; I don't think the places they went are places you'd be taking your children. They want to go back.   I'd love to see the Anne Frank Museum.  

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:52 PM

They went to a sex show; I'm assuming it was in the red light district.  That would so not be my scene.  

Quoting lenashark:

Where did they go? We aren't taking the kids to any of the marajuana places or to the red light district (though my cousin wants to go one night just to look while his mom watches the kids), but we are open to anywhere else.

Quoting disneymom2two:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN