Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sixteen year old dd HIV +

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
My ex and i divorced when our twin girls wee ten because he cheated. I got full custody because of dhs second wife (it came out during the custody hearings that she was a convicted felon and was charged with sexual abusing a thirteen year old boy). They divorced three years ago and he remarried. I allowed him to see the girls and he was basically cool Dad.he let them do what they wanted, when they wanted with whoever(I'm a strict parent). Dd16 decided two years ago to live with her Dad. My other daughter decided to stay with me and only see her Dad via Skype.

I get a phone call from dd. She was distraught and I couldn't understand her.so i calmed her down and she said that she's "dying" and that she has "it". I had no clue what she was talking about. She says she got tested and now she has "it". I tell her to tell me what it is and she says HIV. Then she hung up. I couldn't get into contact with her again after that. I've called her father and the police. DD and i are waiting for our plane. I'm holding it all together. I can't show weakness. I can't show fear. I cannot break.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Oh gosh hun I'm so sorry, that must be terrifying.
lmh88
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Oh no. Hugs, mama.

That sounds terrifying. Try not to let your mind wander.

I'm so sorry.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Oh dear... That's awful. I'm so sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Well, Its not a death sentence anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM

It is HIV it isn't the absolute death sentence anymore thank god. It is the end of her life as she knew it. I am so sorry for your family. Just focus on the fact that there are excellent medications out there now to help her lead a normal life. She can still get married, have children even. Its a different path for sure but it isn't a dead end. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
If i stop replying, the plane is here
greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
It is both her and her fathers fault
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Omg :( so sorry
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Why did you call the cops?

That's scary, I'm sorry that happened to your dd. There are lots of treatments and options out there now days. Praying for your family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I know. But at sixteen, she doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, Its not a death sentence anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)