Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stressed and at my witts end...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Ever have one of those weeks???   I am having one of those months...lol

Lets rewind...August 7th...Told the landlord that the refrigerator quit working...it started blowing hot air during the night and we lost around 200.00 worth of food.

Aug 9th.  Landlord replaces refridgerator, he tells us instead of paying him the rent right now, go ahead and replace the food. 

August 10th...we buy groceries and pay bills.

August 11th...refrigerator goes out again....this time he takes our food right away to his ouse so we dont lose it, and

August 13th gives us another refrigerator.

10PM...August 13, he comes over drunk demanding rent...we remind him that he told us to use our check for groceries and bills...we will pay on the 27th.  He leaves mad

August 14th...He comes back in the afternoon and gives us a 10 day notice.  (which he can because we don't have a lease, and owe him a but load of $$...

Now we are broke...no money to move on..have no idea where we will go...

right now, our only option is going to be a friend of mines house...but even though she says we can stay as long as we need...I know it will not work out for a long time...a week or two if we are lucky.  She is 73 and set in her ways...not good with children...

Have to get rid of all pets...4 birds and 3 dogs...which is literally tearing my sons heart out...To make matter worse, his birthday is tomorrow...(talk about a sucky birthday)

Bitter Sweet...we cant take much with us due to bedbugs and mice...He was supposed have the house treated for both..but never did... I'm only taking what can be sanitized.

The list goes on and on...but I am so tired and exhausted I cant think streight...I dont know how I am going to make it through this...

Oh...the new refrigerator doesnt seal all the way and wont stay shut....we have to duct tape it shut every time we open it....

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Im ready to give up too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Normally I would not say this, but fuck him. Here's what you do, stay, do not pay next month's rent, buy yourself a new fridge and save the receipt, send him a copy. Take pictures of everything and call the health department, housing authority, local pest control and fire department, have them come in and get reports. Bill any to owner, legally. By your description of him, the chances of him taking you to court are slim, he won't want to go and probably can't afford it. Do your research on your state laws, you actually have him by the balls right now. You can get moving costs and even keep the fridge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:42 PM

He says he is changing the locks on Sunday...not tomorrow...next week...

Quoting evelynolivesmom: Normally I would not say this, but fuck him. Here's what you do, stay, do not pay next month's rent, buy yourself a new fridge and save the receipt, send him a copy. Take pictures of everything and call the health department, housing authority, local pest control and fire department, have them come in and get reports. Bill any to owner, legally. By your description of him, the chances of him taking you to court are slim, he won't want to go and probably can't afford it. Do your research on your state laws, you actually have him by the balls right now. You can get moving costs and even keep the fridge.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Oh my gosh :( I hope everything works out.
evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Legally he can't do that, he has to take you to court first. Call the Sheriff's department and have an officer there when he shows.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting evelynolivesmom: Normally I would not say this, but fuck him. Here's what you do, stay, do not pay next month's rent, buy yourself a new fridge and save the receipt, send him a copy. Take pictures of everything and call the health department, housing authority, local pest control and fire department, have them come in and get reports. Bill any to owner, legally. By your description of him, the chances of him taking you to court are slim, he won't want to go and probably can't afford it. Do your research on your state laws, you actually have him by the balls right now. You can get moving costs and even keep the fridge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Ill have to check that option out.  I was told that since we dont have a lease he can pretty much do what he wants...

Although a friend of mine called a little bit ago and told me his wife is in the hospital and not expected to live very long.

She has cancer..not sure what kind...so I am guessing he will be with her and not me anyway...

This actually explains a lot...usually he is really nice and works with everyone....

But still all this is BS..

Quoting evelynolivesmom: Legally he can't do that, he has to take you to court first. Call the Sheriff's department and have an officer there when he shows.
Quoting Anonymous:

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Not having a lease helps you in court. Where did the fridges he had come from? That's your proof, as a landlord he should be documenting all maintenance and cost which you are entitled to copies of, not to mention proof of previous rent payments. But reading about his wife maybe he needs some time or something. Just start protecting yourself just in case.
Quoting Anonymous:

Ill have to check that option out.  I was told that since we dont have a lease he can pretty much do what he wants...

Although a friend of mine called a little bit ago and told me his wife is in the hospital and not expected to live very long.

She has cancer..not sure what kind...so I am guessing he will be with her and not me anyway...

This actually explains a lot...usually he is really nice and works with everyone....

Quoting evelynolivesmom: Legally he can't do that, he has to take you to court first. Call the Sheriff's department and have an officer there when he shows.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:09 PM

You Know what....I think I am just going to go....

My son just made some popcorn for a bedtime snack.  He was laying in bed and I heard a scream.

I ran in there thinking he hurt himself or something and he said there was a mouse eating his popcorn...

there is mouse turds by the bowl...

Fuck this...

Quoting evelynolivesmom: Not having a lease helps you in court. Where did the fridges he had come from? That's your proof, as a landlord he should be documenting all maintenance and cost which you are entitled to copies of, not to mention proof of previous rent payments. But reading about his wife maybe he needs some time or something. Just start protecting yourself just in case.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM
I don't blame you, that's ridiculous. Good luck.
Quoting Anonymous:

You Know what....I think I am just going to go....

My son just made some popcorn for a bedtime snack.  He was laying in bed and I heard a scream.

I ran in there thinking he hurt himself or something and he said there was a mouse eating his popcorn...

there is mouse turds by the bowl...

Fuck this...

Quoting evelynolivesmom: Not having a lease helps you in court. Where did the fridges he had come from? That's your proof, as a landlord he should be documenting all maintenance and cost which you are entitled to copies of, not to mention proof of previous rent payments. But reading about his wife maybe he needs some time or something. Just start protecting yourself just in case.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)