Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My doctor is too crunchy

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 51 Replies
I picked this doctor because we agree on everything... except pain management. We've never actually butt heads on it before but I called him yesterday because the chiro did not help my postpartum back pain. He still wouldn't cut me a script for anything besides super Tylenol. :( I toughed it out till tonight, I'm seriously considering taking one of DH's tramadol just to get enough relief to sleep.
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this
He's covering his own ass not being crunchy lol
tossed
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:28 PM

What is Super Tylenol?

TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
If I were in pain and my doctor refused to give me anything to help I would find a new doctor. He obviously doesn't care about your pain level, only about what he considers acceptable pain medication.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM
A t3 maybe?

Quoting tossed:

What is Super Tylenol?

almburr
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM
What's wrong with your back? I'm not being rude. I've had five kids and never had back pain after having them.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Find a new doctor?
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Oh, and sorry your back hurts:( I know it sucks, I've gotten so used to it the passed month I almost don't even.notice anymore, until it gets really bad.
tossed
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Quoting Retrokitty: A t3 maybe?
Quoting tossed:

What is Super Tylenol?

Tylenol #3 is tylenol with codeine. What did you think he should prescribe? There are laws on the strength of medications that can be called in over the phone. Very much stronger than # 3 of #4 has to be done in writing. Tylenol #3 is stronger than tramadol.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

yeah - this I would not be ok with. tell him that you need something more or you will have to find a new doc.

smalltownteddy
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I have back problems from rolling my car in highschool. I got an epidural with my last (not this delivery) and they damaged my spine. I've had nerve problems and stiffness in that area ever since, labor apparently reinjured it. :(

Quoting almburr: What's wrong with your back? I'm not being rude. I've had five kids and never had back pain after having them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN