Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All I want is TWO days off or at least with some slack!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Fridays and Sundays.

Yes, you are off from your job. I would LOVE some help. Just because I'm a badass every other day doesn't mean I don't deserve a day where I don't have to do dishes; breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I'm busy running three school age kids around to sports, friends, and activities. Doing dishes for just ONE meal would be great OR help declutter the house one out of the fives times a day would be helpful. And, don't ask what you can do to help - just do it! I don't have time to write you a list.

Its almost like the better I do it throughout the week, the less he helps on the weekend.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Not to mention nothing pisses me off more than working my ass off and seeing him sit on the couch.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Make a list for him of things he can do?

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I can totally understand, my husband is like that too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I don't think he gets it. He wants to save the day when I'm acting overwhelmed. But, when I keep my cool and act positive, he's lazy.

Glad someone understands!

Quoting othermom:

I can totally understand, my husband is like that too

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Have you asked him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM
It's obvious things - if I leave to go to drop someone off somewhere, do the dishes. There's ALWAYS dishes to be done. Tidy the living room. I'm not asking for folded laundry or major projects - just clear off the table clutter, remind the kids to pick up. You know?

Quoting wakymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I did, just now.

Quoting Lauriemom:

Have you asked him?

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:54 PM

And? How'd he respond?

Quoting Anonymous: I did, just now.
Quoting Lauriemom:

Have you asked him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I understand mines a little different we both work, he works Mon- Fri 8hr shifts and I work Tues, Thurs-Saturday 10hr shifts, when I get home I do the dishes, cleaning, cooking, he sits or goes out, on his days off he's out with friends all weekend on my days off I'm cleaning, doing laundry, and stuck at home because he has the car. He gets to enjoy when he is off of work I don't.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Have you criticized how he's done chores before? If so, he could be not doing anything b/c he doesn't want to hear that. Let him do things his way.

Could be that he isn't sure which you'd rather him do. The list can help w/ that.

Sometimes men need specific directions. When you head out, tell him you'd like him to do the dishes. When you hop in the shower, tell him you'd like him to pick toys up off the living rm floor.

Quoting Anonymous: It's obvious things - if I leave to go to drop someone off somewhere, do the dishes. There's ALWAYS dishes to be done. Tidy the living room. I'm not asking for folded laundry or major projects - just clear off the table clutter, remind the kids to pick up. You know?
Quoting wakymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)