Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My son is homeschooled due to extreme special needs.  He has been doing K12 online, and is doing awesome....

The problem is...we have to move in a hurry, so doing 5 hours o school work with him, then working myself, and taking my online colledge classes...and packing...cleaning and...everything else...

I am just completely beat... Im beyond beat...

Should I withdraw my son from K12, and try to school him myself so I dont have the time restraints....or keep going with it...

Also once we move, internet will be a problem until we get settled....I am going to take a break from my classes.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Why will Internet be a problem until you get settled? Are you moving into another home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM

lol....yep..this is my brain right now...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Can't. Stop. Watching.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I will be moving in with a friend for a couple weeks...at least before I can get my own place... I get wifii there...but my lap top will not handle his class connects...which will leave us going to the library.

That is not a problem, except that some of his classes are at 9:30 in the morning and the library desnt open till 10.

Quoting Anonymous: Why will Internet be a problem until you get settled? Are you moving into another home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:53 PM
How is he taking classes now?

Quoting Anonymous:

I will be moving in with a friend for a couple weeks...at least before I can get my own place... I get wifii there...but my lap top will not handle his class connects...which will leave us going to the library.

That is not a problem, except that some of his classes are at 9:30 in the morning and the library desnt open till 10.

Quoting Anonymous: Why will Internet be a problem until you get settled? Are you moving into another home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Can't. Stop. Watching.
Quoting Anonymous:

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Starbucks are everywhere and your child can take the 9:30 class on their wifi from the car if need be.  I can't teach my child (we butt heads) so I would make whatever sacrifice I had to to keep him enrolled.  If you can teach your child, do whatever works for both of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I havent had the internet turned off yet...waiting till I am ready to walk out the door...

Quoting Anonymous: How is he taking classes now?
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Something is wrong with my lap top...it doesnt handle his class connects (where he has to talk with his teacher and classmates)  He has a desk top that the school gave him... His desk top also has some programs on it that help with his learning dissabilities.

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman:

Starbucks are everywhere and your child can take the 9:30 class on their wifi from the car if need be.  I can't teach my child (we butt heads) so I would make whatever sacrifice I had to to keep him enrolled.  If you can teach your child, do whatever works for both of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)