Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sn children are not animals

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies
14 moms liked this
They do not need to be isolated. People talking about putting them in a different school, not take them out in public etc..

One day these children are going be adults, adult out on the world, working, driving etx.. the same world we are all in. And the need to learn how to function . They will never know how to function if they are kept isolated. If you don't have a sn child you will not understand. Those of us who do have sn children work hard to help our children so they can function in the real world. All because they were born with a certain disability or disorder doesn't make them any less deserving.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You are correct. People are ignorant and unkind. Ignore them

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:03 PM
6 moms liked this
Maybe some of them will learn to be mildly independent but they are the burden of the future.

And I stand by what I said. Everyone deserves an education that suits them, from iq of a rock up to hawking level.
theboyfactory
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Although it is ideal, there are some that will never function in the community and actually have a better quality of life when in a more restricted environment. Luckily, due to early intervention, we are seeing this less and less.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:06 PM
11 moms liked this
I think it behooves parents to know their children's limitations and potential and work within that realistically. That's all kids and all parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this
You are incorrect. You apparently don't know anything about sn if this is how you see them. There are msny types of sn and their hsve been dn children in the past who have grown up to be successful

I have a sn child eho is also gifted and he has a bright future ahead of him. You never know what they arw capable of doing with their future.

Quoting thefiregoddess: Maybe some of them will learn to be mildly independent but they are the burden of the future.

And I stand by what I said. Everyone deserves an education that suits them, from iq of a rock up to hawking level.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My problem is some of these kids are being forced into a restricted environment and it hold them back instead of helping them.

Quoting theboyfactory: Although it is ideal, there are some that will never function in the community and actually have a better quality of life when in a more restricted environment. Luckily, due to early intervention, we are seeing this less and less.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

redneck.crazy
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:09 PM
7 moms liked this
My son is SN and I personally do not think he should be in mainstream classes. It takes away from others learning. He's a distraction and the teacher has to focus more on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I think there is problems with both an all inclusive education and an everyone isolated education. It should be on a case to case basis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I understand I also have a sn child and his education is being hindered because he isn't mainstreamed. If things go as plan we are going to try to partially mainstream him after Christmas

Quoting redneck.crazy: My son is SN and I personally do not think he should be in mainstream classes. It takes away from others learning. He's a distraction and the teacher has to focus more on him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)