Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

New house help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
We live in a beach town which means there are a lot of vacation houses/multi family homes.

Our new house is on stilts. Underneath is a very small studio apartment. We don't really need an apartment down there so we have a few ideas:

Craft room-- has a kitchen so it would be perfect for getting water when needed or using the oven for Pinterest products(lol)

Tech room--computer and game systems.

Completely knock it all out and just extend the garage or leave it open so we have more space.

Pro of more garage is that we have more storage space and a pro of leaving it oven means we have more space for playing or parking cars

Wwyd? Suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Craft room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:33 AM

What are the chances of that area being flooded?  That would weigh heavily on what choice i made.  I think it would be a cute lounge area for when friends are over or what not.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Guest room an option?
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Craft room. You can make soap in the extra kitchen and sell it on Etsy :-)
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:05 AM
If your home is on stilts doesn't that room get wet. ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Well it can if we had really heavy flooding but it would have to be a really intense hurricane for it to flood our house. We live in the middle of the island so the flooding isn't like it is near the ocean front or near the sound.

Almost every single house here is on stilts and many have some type of room, office, or storage space underneath.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: If your home is on stilts doesn't that room get wet. ?
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

How old are your children?  I'd keep it in case they wanted to live there while going to college.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I'd rent it out
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I would suggest a craft/ tech room combo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Not very high. We live in the middle of the island so flooding isn't as common here as it is near the ocean front and the sound.

We thought about making it a hang out area but Id rather not do that. It's very small. There would be enough room for adults to sit around and talk but definitely not enough room for kids to play too and nearly all of my friends have kids--small kids. It would really be a hassle to hang out downstairs while our kids are doing god knows what upstairs lol

Not to mention, our living room is a great room so it's already good for having friends over.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are the chances of that area being flooded?  That would weigh heavily on what choice i made.  I think it would be a cute lounge area for when friends are over or what not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN