Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I really miss my DH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
He's been gone for 6 days now and we have 9 days until he comes home. We've recently come out of a "rough patch" and things have been going very well lately. I just miss him being around. I miss his touch. Plus, every noise I hear I think it's someone trying to break in. Walking down the stairs, cell phone in hand with a pre dialed "91" lol. We go through this every month, but I still always miss him.
What do you do when your DH is away for a while?
And yes, I know. Military wives have it worse I won't deny that. But I still miss him nonetheless.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Keep busy. Get together with friends . Enjoy the down time once the kids are in bed --- chick flicks , soak in the tub. Do some projects around the house ?
GryffindorsBest
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol no one said that you don't miss him more then military wives miss their hubbys. It's all situational. Everyone has different lifestyles so there is no comparing. I don't understand why people like to compare their lives with others.. It seems very bitter when people do that. I've been on both sides of the matter with my husband. He's been deployed for a long period of time and he's been away on his own trips as well. Either way, I have just come to realize that the distance makes the heart grow fonder and it's always amazing when he comes home to me.
cltMom80
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:44 AM

I sleep diagonally on the bed!  woohoo!  lol.  No seriously. I know it can be tough when DH is gone for a period of days.  He used to travel every week, 3-4 days at a time.  At first I was fine with it, loved it even.  It was like having me time every week.  But it got harder.  

I spent a lot of times doing projects for the house and grabbing lunch and coffee with some friends.  And curling up with a good book. Something I don't get to do at all these days!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:56 AM
lol I know no one said it :) I've just Had people here before say "you're not a military wife, you have no room to complain". Or something to that effect. So I thought I'd address it first this time. I agree with you.

Quoting GryffindorsBest: Lol no one said that you don't miss him more then military wives miss their hubbys. It's all situational. Everyone has different lifestyles so there is no comparing. I don't understand why people like to compare their lives with others.. It seems very bitter when people do that. I've been on both sides of the matter with my husband. He's been deployed for a long period of time and he's been away on his own trips as well. Either way, I have just come to realize that the distance makes the heart grow fonder and it's always amazing when he comes home to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Lol I'm sorry, when dh is at work and dd is sleeping I take a bath with a glass of whine and a book :) cliche I know, but oh so relaxing
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Is it weird that I've never taken a bath? I'm sure I took some as a baby or child, but none I can remember. Showers though...that's good stuff.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: Keep busy. Get together with friends . Enjoy the down time once the kids are in bed --- chick flicks , soak in the tub. Do some projects around the house ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)