Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why Do People Here Act Like...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM
  • 36 Replies
...You're going to he'll if your pets are not fixed?

I have three dogs, two of which are pretty old, and I have never had an unintentional pregnancy. The dogs have no health problems that are not age related. I am a responsible pet owner, despite the fact that my dogs are not spayed. My animals are loved and cared for.

I wonder why people here get blasted every time they share about a litter of puppies or kittens or why they feel the need to make it clear that their animals are spayed or were spayed after the litter they mentioned or will be spayed after their current litter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:22 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Mobile Photo

Nolie.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We were raised on bob barker telling us to control the pet population.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM
3 moms liked this
I dunno, maybe the same reason it bothers you that wives trust their husbands.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM

You got lucky, really.  I get that some folks don't spay or neuter and do manage to watch their pets like a hawk, but sadly, not every pet owner is responsible enough to provide that kind of committment. 

It really is irresponsible to not spay or neuter a pet unless you're a professional purebred breeder. 

SuckIt69
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Mobile Photo

Quoting Nolie.: We were raised on bob barker telling us to control the pet population.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM
"I am a responsible pet owner, despite the fact that my dogs are not spayed."

Oxymoron.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Mobile Photo

AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Because there are so many animals without homes. It's irresponsible to keep breeding pets for people to own, when there are millions of pets already waiting for someone to take care of them. I'm glad you never had an unplanned pregnancy with your dogs, but would they have ever gotten loose for some reason it could have easily have happened.

SuckIt69
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Mut hater!!!!!

Quoting randi1978:

You got lucky, really.  I get that some folks don't spay or neuter and do manage to watch their pets like a hawk, but sadly, not every pet owner is responsible enough to provide that kind of committment. 

It really is irresponsible to not spay or neuter a pet unless you're a professional purebred breeder. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)