Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be mad if your husband gave your breastfeeding baby formula?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 785 Replies
3 moms liked this

My best friend just had a baby about 2 weeks ago. She is exculsively breastfeeding her child. 

Last night her husband didn't want to wake her when the baby cried to eat. So he went to the corner store and got formula for the baby and fed. 

Now my friend has come to my house with the child and is sleeping here for a while. She is pissed he isn't doing what she thinks is best for her child. I reminded her that its his child too and told her formula isn't a big deal every now and then. 

She disagrees and won't trust her husband with the baby anymore lol 

Am I the only one who thinks thats extreme? I know its none of my buisness but im just curious if others feel this strongly about forumla. I figure its gotta be safe is a lot of babies drink it and none of them turned out bad just because of it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMia22
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM
5 moms liked this
I would be pissed.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM
19 moms liked this
Her leaving is extreme, but I would be pissed off too.
OvenInUse
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM
50 moms liked this
I am exclusivity breastfeeding our 3 month old. I would appreciate his kind gesture of letting me sleep, but I would let him know that it's best not to replace feedings. My husband understands that replacing feedings with formula can be a setback so he would never do that. At the end of the day it's just a little formula. The baby will be just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM
29 moms liked this

Well he should have just gotten her up, but I don't think that he was being malicious. She is overreacting and should cut her dh some slack.  

JaeMommy07
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ER-momma
by LintLicker on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM
12 moms liked this
I think she's overacting. She should pump so when her boobs are unavailable the baby can still get breast milk. Maybe be upset talk to him about it but formula once won't kill the kid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Well he should have just gotten her up, but I don't think that he was being malicious. She is overreacting and should cut her dh some slack.  

thats what I said. I'm trying to convience her to go back over there and just explain to him she's not comfortable with forumla at all. I told her she's being crazy to not trust him with his own child. He was just trying to help! 

Pensatucky
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be pissed the fuck off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissRN
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM
20 moms liked this
I would be upset, breastfeeding is supply and demand. Him feeding formula is undermining her attempt to be successful.

Yes many babies drink formula but she has made the choice to breastfeed and he is clearly not supporting her, she probably feels overwhelmed and hurt.
KME3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be upset but she's overreacting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN