Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

apparently if you sing along to Pink on Sunday in the South you are a Satanist...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
I went to the store today and I had my oldest two 6&5 in the car with me. We don't have AC in the car so I had the windows down.

We had a Pink CD in and the song Fun house came on, which happens to be my kids favorite song. The volume was turned up enough that if other people had their windows down they could hear the along as well.

Well we are waiting at a red light and an older couple pulls up beside us and they start yelling at us to then our Satanist music off and to go back to where we came from.

Well my DS who is 6 told them to atop being jerks and leaned forward and turned the volume up as far as it would go, started the song over and just stared at them while he sang along.

I was laughing so hard at his face and theirs that I had tears running down my face.

And we ended up sitting there for the entire song because we have the LONGEST red lights ever.
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Nothing worse then nosy old people..

CafeMom Tickers
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM
I have lived in the south for 37 years and I've never heard that rule. Carry on with your singing!
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been here for 10 and have never had a problem with people thinking my music is Satanic. Lol I have got a couple weird looks when my music goes from Eminem to the Beatles then to Pink and so on

Quoting KeepOnTryin: I have lived in the south for 37 years and I've never heard that rule. Carry on with your singing!
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM
I dated a guy who thought RUSH was satanic. I was like really, dude? I forget why, they had some apparently satanic symbol or something. I said it's just a persona, just a thumb your nose at authority if anything. But he took that shit seriously. Really did me a favor in the end by breaking up with me lol.
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Lol sounds like it

Quoting MicheleJM: I dated a guy who thought RUSH was satanic. I was like really, dude? I forget why, they had some apparently satanic symbol or something. I said it's just a persona, just a thumb your nose at authority if anything. But he took that shit seriously. Really did me a favor in the end by breaking up with me lol.
OrangeDreamPop
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Lol that's cute
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Yep, one idiotic couple defines a whole region.

Uhura
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I shock people on a regular basis around here for listening to Pink, she's just that shocking to nosey asshats. :P

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Lol. Theyd hate me there. If someone said that to me id turn my hubbys heavy metal music on and scream hail satan.
tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM
?

Quoting motherslove82:

Yep, one idiotic couple defines a whole region.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN