Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gypsies..,need info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
Call me stupid but what's a "gypsy"?
I'm watching my gypsy wedding and I don't understand what constitutes a gypsy lifestyle?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Gypsys are Romany people. They come from India. they live like trailer trash but spend 10000000000 dollars for a wedding.

Also they let their 8 years old pretty much have sex and get married. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM
I live in the UK and there are several "gypsy camps" close by, including one about 20 mins walking distance.

They live in caravan camps (rv parks) and dress edgier than most other Brits generally. They have a reputation of breaking into cars and houses.They are also called pikies or "do as they likies" because the police don't go after them.

Watch the movie Snatch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:58 PM
We are a culture of people and an ethnic race. My family is Irish Travelers. As a culture and ethnicity we have been stereotyped as thieves,whores and generally bad people. None of it true. That awful phrase "getting gyped" is a slander towards our people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM
You live in a caravan camp?

Quoting Anonymous: We are a culture of people and an ethnic race. My family is Irish Travelers. As a culture and ethnicity we have been stereotyped as thieves,whores and generally bad people. None of it true. That awful phrase "getting gyped" is a slander towards our people.
fairymom82
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM
That is false!!!!! Romany and Irish Travelers are faithful Catholics and do NOT allow premarital sex EVER! A girl must be at least 16 to marry and any daliance outside of marriage is strictly forbidden

Quoting Anonymous:

Gypsys are Romany people. They come from India. they live like trailer trash but spend 10000000000 dollars for a wedding.

KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this
This scores number one on the most ignorant thing I have heard today. Congratulations!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)