Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O meet the teacher working moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Why are sahms told that no matter the cost of childcare;if they love their families, they should find a way to make it work.

well I say if you are a working mom and cant meet your child's teacher due to work scheduling then....if you really love your child; you'll find a way to make it work!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Or you can ignore other people's comments and do what is best for your family and keep your judgement of other's to yourself as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM

What? I've never seen someone tell a SAHM that if she 'really' loves her children, she'll find a way to stay home. Quite the contrary, I've seen (and told) SAHM's that if there is an undue financial burden, they should absolutely find a way to bring in income. Daycare assistance is there for a reason. 
As a woman who has done both and prefers to work, sometimes, you just can't make everything. That's why they have video cameras (dance recitals, school plays, etc.) and email. You can 'virtually' meet the teacher. My son's class has the Remind App. You can keep up with the goings on of the class through there and contact the teacher easily, without her having to give her cell number out to tons of crazy parents. lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I meant what you said. Sorry if I was unclear.  That is awesome about the virtual thing! I'm a working mom, but I'm ssoo overprotective, so I meet the teacher well before school starts, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

What? I've never seen someone tell a SAHM that if she 'really' loves her children, she'll find a way to stay home. Quite the contrary, I've seen (and told) SAHM's that if there is an undue financial burden, they should absolutely find a way to bring in income. Daycare assistance is there for a reason. As a woman who has done both and prefers to work, sometimes, you just can't make everything. That's why they have video cameras (dance recitals, school plays, etc.) and email. You can 'virtually' meet the teacher. My son's class has the Remind App. You can keep up with the goings on of the class through there and contact the teacher easily, without her having to give her cell number out to tons of crazy parents. lol 

Bethsunshine
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Whether you are a SAHM or a working mom, there will  be times that something will prohibit you from attending certain functions. Life happens. You do the best you can and figure out what works best for your family. Things don't always go as planned and you just have to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I just pissed myself, laughing!

is that Anne Hathaway, btw?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM

You can always FIND a way.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Whether you are a SAHM or a working mom, there will  be times that something will prohibit you from attending certain functions. Life happens. You do the best you can and figure out what works best for your family. Things don't always go as planned and you just have to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Good point!

ThisCrazyLife00
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM

are you serious or joking?

Quoting Anonymous:

You can always FIND a way.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Good point!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN