Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Went to a baby shower today, mother of the mom-2- be was visibly upset about the gifts!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 46 Replies
My brother has a 2 yr old boy. Wife's preggo with boy #2. At their first shower they were given stollers and high chair, car seats and a nursery set. They decided they wanted to have a sprinkle for the second while which I support. But they invited like 50 people and registered for 200 item! Lol. I tried to tell them, second showers are just to celebrate the baby, gifts aren't normally expected. Out of the 50, about 10 close friends and family came. I think they received 1item from their registry. Mom of my sil really didn't have party games so the presents were opened pretty early. Afterwards, she's asking sil "did you get the bottle set? Did you get (incert registry item)? " and becoming louder and louder about it. She was given very nice things, hand made blankets, adorable clothes, but cute little things. When I left (30 min before the 2 hour party was scheduled to end but I wasn't the first to go) her mom was carrying on about how she will just go buy them all the things they need after the party, I think she started drinking... To top it off, ds videoed the whole event so I can show dh later. (ds found an old hi8 camera in the basement and has been filing everything lately, yes he asked permission to film the party).

I can't believe them......
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Lol.

I hate baby showers.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Well what did she expect at a second shower, a SPRINKLE? You know, since DH and I planned more than one child, we did this CRAZY thing and SAVED EVERYTHING from the first baby shower. lol I had the swing, bouncers, crib, stroller, pack n play, high chair, etc.

Sigmalade
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:10 PM

She got mad about someone else's gifts? Maybe someone should have explained what a sprinkle was to her. I usually pick up just a bag of diapers for the second baby anyway so she would have been livid with me!

elzmnsf
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Lol, mom 2 be was probably mortified at her mother's behavior. I would have been!
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Oh man, people like that drive me crazy. Was she registering things she already had from the first baby? I mean, what was she expecting at a sprinkle, two years after having a shower for the same sex baby?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That was just rude. She should've been gracious about anything she received.
702girly
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:14 PM

What a lowlife. Was your SIL embarrassed? I would be mortified if my mother caused a scene and insulted the generosity of my friends and other family like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:14 PM
So she got one item from her gift registry. It doesnt give her the right to have a burst out in public in front of her friends and family first off.

I had almost the same amount of friends and family come to my baby shower and didnt get anything on my gift registry. I only had two people to buy off it.
Elaflynts
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:16 PM

me too!

Quoting Anonymous: Lol. I hate baby showers.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM

wow. how ungrateful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)