Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is my daughter a lesbian??? So confused right now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Let me just start by saying I have no problem with gay people and would not have a problem if either one of my children were gay. With that said, my daughter has had a boyfriend for about a year and a half now. He's a really great kid and we really like him a lot. They both seem really happy together and they both were always respectful of rules, curfews, etc.

This past weekend, my daughter had one of her best friends sleep over. Like her boyfriend, I also really like this girl and I am friendly with her mother. The girls go back and forth between my house and the girl's home for sleepovers on the weekends. This weekend, I felt pretty crappy so I spend most of the weekend lying down (I had a bit of a bug). Well I guess dd and her friend thought I was dead asleep because they decided to take a shower together. I went downstairs to get a drink and when I came back up, I heard moans and groans like what you would hear from sex. I went into my room quickly and I remained quiet until they left. I didn't want to have to face her after that. She texted me a little while later and let me know she would be home later tonight.

I feel so awkward about this whole situation. Do I confront her? Do I just let it go? I'm not too happy about the fact she was fooling around in our family shower, regardless of the other person being male or female. I don't want to embarrass her either. I have had the safe sex talk numerous times with dd so she knows she can come to me. I feel bad for her boyfriend as well. Luckily, dh wasn't home when this happened. Any advice on how I should approach this? In any other circumstance, I would mind my own business but this took place in my home and I don't agree with it. Do you think my daughter is a lesbian or just experiementing?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imakehimscream
by He screams on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:10 PM
You should just talk to her. I wouldn't know if your daughter is guy or not
Alwaysbre1219
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
She might just be experimenting or she is a lesbian and the BF is a cover up, either way I'd leave it alone until she was comfortable enough to tell you on her own.
mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It's hard to say but sounds like she might be bisexual. I would discuss her having sex under your roof however I would wait for her to mention if she's gay or bi so she can do it when she's ready.
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Oh wow that must've been interesting. Just talk to her about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I would jump to the assumption of lesbian, and if it's not a big deal I wouldn't ask her about it. If you do and she is, you'll come across as being upset about that. I would just discuss with her that you heard them and if they were it bothered you that it happened in the house, and I would also mention that rules may need to start being enforced as they would be with boys.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Gay or straight, I'd have been pissed about the sex in the shower.
Sydel
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:16 PM
How old is she? I'd talk to her. I would stress the unhappiness/disresct that this was done in the family shower and not focus on labeling her.
momto3B
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:16 PM

gay or straight, having sex in the family shower is a no no in my book. Call her out on that, the rest is for her to sort out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM
I don't think he is though. They are very affectionate and I know they have had sex. I think she's into him.

Quoting Alwaysbre1219: She might just be experimenting or she is a lesbian and the BF is a cover up, either way I'd leave it alone until she was comfortable enough to tell you on her own.
Zengirl79
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM

How old is she?  I'd have a conversation about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)