Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you react? Am I wrong for being angry?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Long story short we hired dh's cousin whos 16 to watch our 4 and 5 yr old while we work, she ASKED US for the job, is generally really responsible so we gave it a go. About 6 months into it she starts not waking on time making us late for work, she sits and watches tv all day and refuses to play with the kids at all and wont take them outside, and makes them nap (we told her they were not taking them anymore). On to the story, I came home from work unexpectedly early to check on her (she had made dh late to work that morning because she refused to get up) and she is passed out on my couch, not light sleeping, or resting her eyes, she was dead to the world.I slammed the door and she didnt move. I yelled what the fuck?! And she woke up and a fight insued (not a physical one of course) I fired here yhen and there. Now dh's family is pissed at me saying I over-reacted, and when I checked on the kids, they were in the bedroom painting on the walls with fingerpaint! They dont see why im mad and think I should apologize!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I would've fired her long before that, she is an employee of yours and you have a right to fire her
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
I'd be upset at myself for not firing her sooner!
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:40 PM

You didn't do the wrong thing by firing her. But, you should have found someone else sooner before you got to the boiling point and things would have ended on better terms. What's done is done and now you can find someone who at least wants the job. 

redneck.crazy
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Y'all are nicer then me. Shed been gone long ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wintermoon111
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have fired her the first time she didn't play with them or refused to take them out but for the family being mad at you it just goes to show you why she is the way she is because no normal person wouldn't be able to see where you are coming from. Tell them you are the mother and you are not going to pay her to sleep and ignore your kids.
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:42 PM

obviously she is exhausted and can't handle the responsibility along with whatever else she is doing.

MaryanneMac
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:43 PM

The first time I was late she wold have been gone.  As for the family saying you should apologize...DON"T DO IT!!!

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Learn from it. Don't hire family, not worth it. You had every right to react that way.
MommyCassafrass
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I would have fired her and she would be cleaning my walls. 

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have fired her the first time she over-slept and made me or my husband late for work.  I *hate* being late for anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN