Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

thinking my DD may be in an abusive relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Im so lost on what to do ladies. Shes always been a happy go lucky girl, a wild fire and had a sparkle in her eyes that made anyone smile. Ever since she started dating a new guy ive HARDLY seen her. And when I do she is always in baggy clothes and very quiet. She seems very sad and distant. Her best friend contacted me and told me she fears the same thing. We had planned to talk to her together and THAT didn't go as planned. Sge never once.denied that she is being controlled or anything but she told us to stay out of hwr business and that she can handle things herself. We both saw an obvious black eye that she attempted to cover with makeup. My heart is breaking and I dont know what to do to help my baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Oh, she is 20 yrs old so she is an adult.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:47 PM
I'm sorry:( There isn't much you can do but hope she comes to her senses and be there for her. I know that has to be hard, I would be losing my mind.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:48 PM
There isn't anything you can do but love her and make sure she knows you are there for her when she is ready to leave him. Hope she doesn't have kids with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I am, you spend their whole life trying to protect them from bad things. It literally drives me insane wondering if shes ok :(

Quoting BrutalTruth: I'm sorry:( There isn't much you can do but hope she comes to her senses and be there for her. I know that has to be hard, I would be losing my mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Im sorry,just be there for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
This is literally my worst fear!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: There isn't anything you can do but love her and make sure she knows you are there for her when she is ready to leave him. Hope she doesn't have kids with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Well. Not worst but one of them.

Quoting Anonymous: This is literally my worst fear!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: There isn't anything you can do but love her and make sure she knows you are there for her when she is ready to leave him. Hope she doesn't have kids with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Not much you can do if she won't accept the help.   But --   if you HEAR something when you are on the phone with her,  or if there is a text from her, or    -  (I would do this)    become acquainted  with her neighbors, and ask them to please call  911   if they hear anything going on.   (We would send the police for a welfare check and if they see signs of assault, they can arrest him or at least make him leave the premises) 

911dispatcher

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:52 PM
There isn't anything you can do. I went through this with my best friend. I honestly thought he'd end up killing her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Went thru the same thing with my oldest DD. Unfortunately you can't really do anything till she's ready. Don't push it judge. Just let he know you are there for her and will do what ever it takes. This guy was a piece of work. Kept threatening suicide so she wouldn't leave. He ended up ramming her car and pulling a knife on her (after she finally dumped him). No suicide attempt tho. He did get to spend some time in jail!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN