Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher with a camel toe!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you don't want to read this all, skip to 3rd paragaph!

DS's orientation/open house was this afternoon. School starts tomorrow so I felt like it was kinda strange to do it so last minute but whatever. It went fine, until I went to find out which class he was in. It's a kinda small private christian school so there are only two 2nd grade classes. Each room had the class roster posted by the door. We went and read them both and DS wasn't on either one.

So, I talked to the nice teacher in the first room and she said she wasn't sure. I spoke to her a few minutes and got a really nice vibe from her, she's been teacher for 12 years, has multiple degrees, very well spoken and kind but you can tell she is strict. Basically, exactly what I want in a teacher. DS noticed that his best friend was in teacher #2's class so naturally he wanted to be in there with him, which I would have been fine with.

Before getting the principal to sort it out, I went to double check the 2nd teachers list and meet her and...O.M.G! This might make me a bad person but, there is no way my son is going in that class! This woman is so young! She's definitely younger than me, looks like she is maybe 22 years old (I'm 27). She was shy towards the kids and the parents, did not seem confident at all. And. On top of that. She literally had the biggest, most obvious CAMEL TOE I have ever seen in my life!! She is morbidly obese (not fat bashing, she just is) and she was wearing some tight, white skinny pants with a tight, sheer pink shirt, you can clearly see her bra through the shirt...It was just clinging to everything. It was so, so bad.

I really could not believe this woman is a teacher! She was so inappropriately dressed it made me gag! When I got the principal she said it must have been a mistake that he wasn't assigned and asked if I had a preference so I told her that I wanted "the teacher with the most experience." Which was obviously teacher #1, she told me that this was teacher #2's first year teaching (go figure!). DS is upset that he's not going to be in the same class as his BFF but I do not care. School is about learning. 

Would you be uncomfortable with a first year teacher like this?

ETA: Let me clarify something because I think some of you are missing it. I did not take my kid out of her class. I was given a rare opportunity to choose since my son mistakenly did not get assigned to a teacher yet. SO I CHOSE THE ONE WHO I THOUGHT WAS BEST QUALIFIED. If he had been assigned to her class, I would have stuck it out and kept my reservations to myself unless/until there was a problem. Also, I did speak to the woman. My "judgment" is only based in part on the fact that she was entirely inappropriate for a religious, school setting. The more important factor is that she is inexperienced and the other teacher was obviously good at what she does and outshined her in every category within the limited amount of time I spent with each of them.

And if you are all saying you don't judge people based on appearances then you are all liars. Assessing ones ppearance is a natural and necessary thing that all humans do to assess various social situations and determine weather a person is a threat or not (among many other things, in this case it was used to gage weather or not she had the maturity and ability to teach a class of 2nd graders) In my opinion, no. 

Are you all seriously telling me you would have chosen her over the more qualified, higher educated, experienced, professional looking, friendly teacher?? If so, you're welcomed to do that to your kids. I will not.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:31 PM
8 moms liked this
Ffs how shallow are you. And you are someone's mother. Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

It's not like I wouldn't be friends with her because she's fat or something but the woman is an educator! She looked like...I don't even know what to compare her to. It was really bad! And she was an inexperienced, first year teacher with no confidence. Am I really that crazy for picking the put together, well spoken teacher with 12 years under her belt?

Quoting Anonymous: Ffs how shallow are you. And you a someone's mother. Smh

SuckIt69
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Yep. This is actually more appealing than what she had going on lol

Quoting SuckIt69:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I had a teacher in high school who was on the heavier side and wore black spandex pants -every- day. She had a camel toe daily, and it was distracting to us as students, but this was high school, after all. She also had a huge mole on her face with hairs in it, so every time she sat over the overhead projector it displayed the shadow behind her on the wall. x.x I always felt really bad for her as a teacher.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM

oh my goodness! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a teacher in high school who was on the heavier side and wore black spandex pants -every- day. She had a camel toe daily, and it was distracting to us as students, but this was high school, after all. She also had a huge mole on her face with hairs in it, so every time she sat over the overhead projector it displayed the shadow behind her on the wall. x.x I always felt really bad for her as a teacher.

spunknsass
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I wouldn't want that younger teacher either. Nothing to do with her inexperience, more to do with her nasty outfits.

staci1103
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM

No I wouldn't. I'd be more concerned on her teaching skills than on how she looks

nikabear
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:46 PM
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this
If you think she isnt dressed appropriately say something to the principal. Coming on here to make fun of her is just mean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN