Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update!!! If these were your kids and your ex how would you feel??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 271 Replies
Recently my SO of five years and I split up. I have a teenage son 16, he has two children 13 and 10 from his first marriage and we have a child together 3.

Before we split I was a sahm. He has 50/50 of his kids and me being home I did most of the school drop offs and child care if he was not home or able to. Due to his job he leaves of work at 530 am. I go to his house when he leaves in the morning. One week it's 3 days the next week it's 2. For summer the kids and I just carried on like everything was normal. So they stay with me on dad's days when their dad was at work like they did last summer.

Before I moved out we had long discussions about how we would proceed with our kids and me taking care of his and me returning to work. He pays me to take care of his kids. My son (who has and absentee father physically and financially) spends time at my exes house and is expected to still do his part there as in chores, based on the allowance system we put in place when we were together. The same is expected of his kids when they are at my house. They are normal chores. Unloading the dishwasher, taking out the trash etc...

On occasion we all spend time together as a family still and they will all come to dinner my ex included. Sometimes they stay sometimes they don't. There is ample room for them here and they have their own stuff here and their own space so they are comfortable. They aren't sleeping on the floors or in closets lol.

So my exes ex has sent an email to him stating she will no longer allow them to spend time with me. She doesn't like or arrangements. Nor does she like them doing chores at my house. She also is asking how I can afford to stay home with them and my work. And based on that she will be going for a cs mod to get more money because he seems to be supporting me. I do work. I just work nights so I can be home during the day. (Something else we discussed and agreed would be best). this email came about after we decided to take the family vacation we already planned and paid for long before we split.

To note my ex and I have a very healthy steady relationship. Whether romantic or platonic. We do not fight argue or bicker. I have no family here and neither does he so it's kind of like we are all each other has right now. We are still trying to pick up the pieces. We had a very amicable break up. And continue to have a good friendship.

So if these were your kids and your ex how would you feel?

Update!!! She has sent an email stating she has filed for full custody, $2500 in cs plus child care expenses. What a load of bullshit. He is going to a lawyer and countersuing for custody to stay the same and a cs modification stating change in circumstance seeing as he pays me cs too. He will also make her enter her income on the paper work, she lied last time and entered a zero income. He wasn't ever going to do that. But that's what she gets for pushing.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
They arent YOUR kids. Sorry but not at all. You are basically a nanny!

They are her kids and also her ex. Honestly you should stay the heck out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:06 AM
8 moms liked this
Where did you read that I think they are my kids? Did I mistype something?

Yes. Basically I am the nanny. Hence why he pays me.

Stay out of what exactly? His life? Their life? Turn him down when he asks for help?

Quoting Anonymous: They arent YOUR kids. Sorry but not at all. You are basically a nanny!

They are her kids and also her ex. Honestly you should stay the heck out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM
lol too long. I tried to shorten as much as i could.
gradysmom2006
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM
2 moms liked this
She has a right to the money for his kids, not you. She also should have them, not you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM
She has a point. He has visitation not you. All of this scheduling involving the kids that are not yours should involve her. How often is he actually around for HIS visitation time with them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM
She does not want to change the scheduling. He does pay her cs. He just pays me like she pays her nanny.

Quoting gradysmom2006: She has a right to the money for his kids, not you. She also should have them, not you.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:22 AM
15 moms liked this
She sounds like a bitch.

I don't see why it's a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:23 AM
He has 50 % custody. Not visitation. He is usually home by noon at the earliest. Sometimes 2. She works. So if they go to her they will also be with a non parent. Much like myself.

Quoting Anonymous: She has a point. He has visitation not you. All of this scheduling involving the kids that are not yours should involve her. How often is he actually around for HIS visitation time with them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:23 AM
11 moms liked this
The BM needs to lighten up. She's just delighted that y'all have split, and she's rocking the boat with her idiotic happy dance/money grubbing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:29 AM
55 moms liked this
I think it's none of her business who he chooses to nanny for the kids while they're in his care, as long as they are being taken care of and not abused. Honestly, I think it's great you maintain a relationship with them...and let's not forget that your mutual child is their brother/sister...they need to maintain that relationship too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)