Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No you can not use our fitting rooms to breast feed! ...People like you are the reason some moms that nurse get a bad rep

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 201 Replies
So I was at work (it is a retail job bash if you must) and I was working the fitting rooms with one other person. It is a very large store. It was during zone checks (you have to make all of apparel look nice. Everything must be folded or hung and everything must be sorted by size)

We also are the people who answer phones and between all of that have to watch people in the fitting rooms

Well all 4 rooms were full. There were 6 people in line to use the fitting rooms. This lady comes up (she wasnt in the line just walked right up) and asked if she could use the fitting rooms. We told her that she couldnt because one it was busy and people were waiting and two we arent really supposed to allow that in the fitting rooms

Well she freaked out and started yelling. She demanded to speak to a manager. We told her we would get one right away and told her that we had a nursing room in the back of the store that she could use. It was much more quiet. She still freaked out and when the manager got there she freaked out more. She said we were lying about a nursing room. The manager told her that we do in fact have one and she was welcome to use it but she wouldnt be able to use the fitting rooms. SHe then said it was two far away and he couldnt possible expect her to walk to the back. She wanted to use the fitting room because she had more of a priority because she was "feeding her child and not needlessly trying clothes on"

Then she went all out. She called him a bigot and told him that she was going to hold a "nurse in" to protest his racism

These are the exact words she used. It was very hard not to laugh

We have no problem with breastfeeding. In fact sort of a lady walking around with both her tits hanging out (baby not even latched) we cant even say anything. People walk around and nurse all the time and we have no problem but we also have the nursing room just for people to nurse.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:07 AM
How odd.
grey7399
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:08 AM

so why didn't she use the nursing room?

amichelle28
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:09 AM
7 moms liked this
Sounds like she was just looking for a fight I'd love for more stores to have nursing rooms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:10 AM
3 moms liked this
It was too far to walk to and her baby was hungry

It would take much less time clearly *note sarcasm* to argue and yell at employees for 25 minutes, storm off to your car (much farther away than the nursing room) and drive home to nurse

Quoting grey7399:

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:12 AM
29 moms liked this

I find this rather unbelievable.

*pours a lovely glass of red. Anyone else care for some?*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Sure. 

grey7399
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:13 AM
5 moms liked this

book strumpet doubts you but I work in retail too and the insanity never ends.

Quoting Anonymous: It was too far to walk to and her baby was hungry It would take much less time clearly *note sarcasm* to argue and yell at employees for 25 minutes, storm off to your car (much farther away than the nursing room) and drive home to nurse
Quoting grey7399:

by Spider.Bully on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

Oh how I wish...

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Pass it sister.

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

bellawomen
by Summer on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Who the hell puts a nursing room in the back of the store?  Odd.  Not everyone is comfortable nursing in front of people.  I wish they were.  Target here has rockers set up with a mini fridge with waters (for sale) in the baby/toddler area for moms to nurse with their feet up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)