Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No you can not use our fitting rooms to breast feed! ...People like you are the reason some moms that nurse get a bad rep

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So I was at work (it is a retail job bash if you must) and I was working the fitting rooms with one other person. It is a very large store. It was during zone checks (you have to make all of apparel look nice. Everything must be folded or hung and everything must be sorted by size)

We also are the people who answer phones and between all of that have to watch people in the fitting rooms

Well all 4 rooms were full. There were 6 people in line to use the fitting rooms. This lady comes up (she wasnt in the line just walked right up) and asked if she could use the fitting rooms. We told her that she couldnt because one it was busy and people were waiting and two we arent really supposed to allow that in the fitting rooms

Well she freaked out and started yelling. She demanded to speak to a manager. We told her we would get one right away and told her that we had a nursing room in the back of the store that she could use. It was much more quiet. She still freaked out and when the manager got there she freaked out more. She said we were lying about a nursing room. The manager told her that we do in fact have one and she was welcome to use it but she wouldnt be able to use the fitting rooms. SHe then said it was two far away and he couldnt possible expect her to walk to the back. She wanted to use the fitting room because she had more of a priority because she was "feeding her child and not needlessly trying clothes on"

Then she went all out. She called him a bigot and told him that she was going to hold a "nurse in" to protest his racism

These are the exact words she used. It was very hard not to laugh

We have no problem with breastfeeding. In fact sort of a lady walking around with both her tits hanging out (baby not even latched) we cant even say anything. People walk around and nurse all the time and we have no problem but we also have the nursing room just for people to nurse.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Yes please!

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

I find this rather unbelievable.

*pours a lovely glass of red. Anyone else care for some?*

TaylorFam02
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:09 AM
I can guarantee there aren't nursing rooms in a big box store- Target- Walmart- Kohl's... This post is a lie. She said there were women waiting to try on their clothes and only 4 dressing rooms so it wouldn't be a mall store like JCPenny.

Quoting thefiregoddess: I wish they had nursing rooms here. This is a the south.. you either see hillbillies withboibs hanging out or uppity mothers with their $800 strollers and a bottle.

I don't get it. A boob is a boob. If your legs work walk to a chair if you want, sit and enjoy your baby.
eykelley
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:10 AM
I'll take a glass. As long as its not too dry. :) gracias.

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

I find this rather unbelievable.

*pours a lovely glass of red. Anyone else care for some?*

brittany123321
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
If a bitch is walking around with her tits hanging out and no baby, I'm saying something lol

Quoting Anonymous: So I was at work (it is a retail job bash if you must) and I was working the fitting rooms with one other person. It is a very large store. It was during zone checks (you have to make all of apparel look nice. Everything must be folded or hung and everything must be sorted by size)

We also are the people who answer phones and between all of that have to watch people in the fitting rooms

Well all 4 rooms were full. There were 6 people in line to use the fitting rooms. This lady comes up (she wasnt in the line just walked right up) and asked if she could use the fitting rooms. We told her that she couldnt because one it was busy and people were waiting and two we arent really supposed to allow that in the fitting rooms

Well she freaked out and started yelling. She demanded to speak to a manager. We told her we would get one right away and told her that we had a nursing room in the back of the store that she could use. It was much more quiet. She still freaked out and when the manager got there she freaked out more. She said we were lying about a nursing room. The manager told her that we do in fact have one and she was welcome to use it but she wouldnt be able to use the fitting rooms. SHe then said it was two far away and he couldnt possible expect her to walk to the back. She wanted to use the fitting room because she had more of a priority because she was "feeding her child and not needlessly trying clothes on"

Then she went all out. She called him a bigot and told him that she was going to hold a "nurse in" to protest his racism

These are the exact words she used. It was very hard not to laugh

We have no problem with breastfeeding. In fact sort of a lady walking around with both her tits hanging out (baby not even latched) we cant even say anything. People walk around and nurse all the time and we have no problem but we also have the nursing room just for people to nurse.
Radellia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Honestly, I'd have let her use one of the changing rooms, but I'd have told her that she would need to wait in line for use of one of the rooms and that there were other options (the nursing room, a chair somewhere else in the store) if she weren't able to wait that long.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Oh there was a nursing room at a mall I lived near. Lehigh valley mall I think, but it wasn't in a department store.

They may very well have a nursing room, especially with the federal nursing mom law. May have been a good pr move make one for customers and employees.

Quoting TaylorFam02: I can guarantee there aren't nursing rooms in a big box store- Target- Walmart- Kohl's... This post is a lie. She said there were women waiting to try on their clothes and only 4 dressing rooms so it wouldn't be a mall store like JCPenny.

Quoting thefiregoddess: I wish they had nursing rooms here. This is a the south.. you either see hillbillies withboibs hanging out or uppity mothers with their $800 strollers and a bottle.

I don't get it. A boob is a boob. If your legs work walk to a chair if you want, sit and enjoy your baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:16 AM
This

Quoting gmavacs:

She could have just grabbed some clothes and say she wanted to try them on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM
The target and khols by my house has a nursing area

Quoting TaylorFam02: I can guarantee there aren't nursing rooms in a big box store- Target- Walmart- Kohl's... This post is a lie. She said there were women waiting to try on their clothes and only 4 dressing rooms so it wouldn't be a mall store like JCPenny.

TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:19 AM
I'm in N. Louisiana and we have nursing rooms in our malls, Target, Burlington, Wal-Mart, and a slew of other places.

Oh and I dont know about your JCP but the closest one to me has one set per department with each only having 4-5. She didn't say they were the only dressing rooms in the entire store.

Chances are it's a giant lie of course but you can't say it is merely based off of your local stores.

TaylorFam02
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:23 AM
I've seen sitting areas in the bathroom at Nordstroms, and at malls- but I've never seen a nursing room.

Quoting TotallyTweedles: I'm in N. Louisiana and we have nursing rooms in our malls, Target, Burlington, Wal-Mart, and a slew of other places.

Oh and I dont know about your JCP but the closest one to me has one set per department with each only having 4-5. She didn't say they were the only dressing rooms in the entire store.

Chances are it's a giant lie of course but you can't say it is merely based off of your local stores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)