Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im a SAHM, but is he asking for too much? EDIT: I GOT HIM TO CUT THE GRASS!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 484 Replies
1 mom liked this
ok so im a SAHM, we have two children 3 if you count the cat. i spend my whole day taking care of them along with the house and what ever else is needed. DH works, and thats pretty much it. if i ask him for help with something then he takes his time, or simply wont do it at all. his idea of helping me is watching the kids so that i can do it alone, and when i say watching the kids i mean he will put the oldest in front of the tv and the baby in his playpen. he doent change diapers and he doesnt feed the kids unless its something super simple. if he uses something he just leaves it out, trash gets left where ever he left it, he doesnt clean up after himself, he claims he's tired from working and that he NEEDS his time. he also claims that its my job to clean the house and mind the kids, so he shouldnt have to do anything when he is home. and he doesnt do ANYTHING!! its like im taking care of another child, i pick up after him, lay out his clothes, fetch him things when he needs it. to say that i feel like a maid is a understatement. no, actually i wouldnt quite say maid. its more like a slave because thats how i feel. it rained for 4 days straight and i was out there cutting the grass, why was i cutting the grass in the rain!? because he said it needed to be done and he was too tired to do it himself. so after i cleaned the whole house and everything i got to cut the grass in the rain! and it doesnt start there because in a few months there will be snow and it will also be my job to clear the driveway in the morning so he can go to work. is this really my job?? i dont know how other SAHM do things, is this normal for you to be left with all of the work at home with out any help from your SO/DH? i know that he works, i used to also.. and then i would come home and clean the house, take care of the kids and everything else. so for him to say that its only my job to take care of everything seem really unfare to me. i feel over worked and stressed. i need a vacation and i mean a actually vacation where i get to enjoy myself. not have hubby go off with his drunken family every night and leave me with the kids!! is that really too much to ask for? EDIT; so a few days ago i hurt my ankle and have been hobbling around the house. we had just gotten back from the store and i was in a great deal of pain from being on my feet for so long. when he asked if i was going to to cut the grass!? i told him NO, because i couldnt even stand up lead along push a mower. told him if he wanted it done then he had to, because there was no way i was going to be able to, and it wouldnt take that long because we have a small yard. he of course fussed about how he didnt want to and how he didnt like doing it. but i didnt say anything, i just sat there on the couch and watched TV. finely after about an hour he put his shoes on and went outside. he cut the grass while i ordered pizza for the kids and i. there was no way i was going to stand infront of a hot stove and cook. it felt so good to just be able to sit there!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:39 AM
38 moms liked this

He sounds like a shit. I wouldn't tolerate that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:39 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:41 AM
28 moms liked this

You lost me at "if you count the cat." I don't. The cat doesn't require the time or anything else that a child does and its just plain annoying when people think "Oh I have 4 cats so that means I have 4 more kids" no actually it doesn't. 

amichelle28
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
He sucks!! Bump
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:44 AM

So  you  don't  have any  friends or family?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:46 AM
23 moms liked this
my cat is 14 years old, has health problems and just recently had surgery to remove a growth on his back. we may actually have to put him down soon. but he does need almost as much are as my 2 year old at the moment. and i do and have always counted him as my fur-baby!
Quoting Anonymous:

You lost me at "if you count the cat." I don't. The cat doesn't require the time or anything else that a child does and its just plain annoying when people think "Oh I have 4 cats so that means I have 4 more kids" no actually it doesn't. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:46 AM
60 moms liked this
I got to "he won't change diapers" and came to the conclusion that you married an asshole.
That's all I got.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM
41 moms liked this
Yeah...no. He has his work hours you have yours. When you're both home family and household needs should be divided. Just because he makes a monetary paycheck and you don't does not mean you are worth less. Tell him how you feel and if he still gives you shit either seek counseling or leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this
My dh is like that, if I ask him for help (which is hardly ever) he will do it. Stop treating him like a child and he will stop acting like one. I'm sorry you're so stressed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:48 AM
2 moms liked this
What a jerk
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN