Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh started a funny habit...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:28 AM
  • 15 Replies
He has various styles of socks, including a few Nike ones that are "anatomical socks" so one is labeled "R" and fits the right foot, the other the left. He got tired of constantly searching for a matching pair (he does more laundry than I do) so the other day he bought a package of safety pins. Now whenever he takes off a pair to throw in the hamper he pins them together first so they don't get separated in the washing process. :-)

I thought it was funny and laughed but it does do the trick. Anyone else heard of this before?
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:31 AM

haha my grandma does this...

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. I did it with dd's socks a while back. She decided she only wanted to wear pink socks and they always have to match. They all look so similar but they have slight variations, like one pair will have two red hearts and one will have three, so I used to pin them together when she took them off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:35 AM
I've heard of this before, I may have to try it with my daughter's socks...3 packages later and I can't find 1 pair of her socks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My girls have never worn matching socks so I don't need to worry about that. They are in high school and still don't! Lol
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol nope. I'm the type of person though who doesn't mind putting on odd socks in the morning rush
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellow_Lileigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM
I know! I like fun, colorful socks and I'm always having trouble finding a matching pair too so he may end up converting me!

Quoting MrsWhite101610: I've heard of this before, I may have to try it with my daughter's socks...3 packages later and I can't find 1 pair of her socks
Yellow_Lileigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Lol, the older I get the less concerned I am about my socks matching everyday.

Quoting lovelove211: Lol nope. I'm the type of person though who doesn't mind putting on odd socks in the morning rush
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
We do white socks for everyone but the baby so we're good.lol
Yellow_Lileigh
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:43 AM
He said his mom used to do it when he was a kid. He has four siblings so I can definitely see wanting to end the sick matching madness!

Quoting mommy2zbg:

haha my grandma does this...

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I use a laundry bag for the kids socks- that way they are all together and matching them is faster.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN