Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've had it up tp here with the school....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
I'm so tired of every activitiy the school throws being last minute and in the middle of the day.

On Friday, I found out the school was having an open house the next Monday @ 1PM. Where is the notice for working parents? Then, two weeks later, they're having informative meetings for grades (explaining homework and curriculum) at 3PM. While I have time to schedule this one, it still makes me think, WTF.

I'm just frustrated. I'm sure there is a reason but I can't seem to figure it out. Beyond bummed! What time does your school plan parent involved activities/programs?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Open house was 2/4 even with one vehicle and my husband working we made it work though. That stuff for the kids school comes first. We had less than a weeks notice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM
I doubt thats the first notice you probably weren't paying attention. Either way tho not a big deal.
sarahfaith123
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Seems annoying too that they couldn't just send a hand out home with your child regarding how grades and curriculum will be. Seems unnecessary to need a meeting in person .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:52 AM
That's nice that you could make it work. I am a single mom and I tried to reschedule with work but on such short notice, with a point system in place that I need to save for when the kids get sick - it just isn't going to happen today.

Quoting Anonymous: Open house was 2/4 even with one vehicle and my husband working we made it work though. That stuff for the kids school comes first. We had less than a weeks notice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM
My DDs school does the last minute thing too, but they are usually scheduled in the evening on soccer days, right in the middle of practice.

Heck school starts a week from today and they haven't even sent out the teacher assignments yet.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Our school does it all in one day, on a Saturday. We have to spend all day at the school....and split up because we have 2 kids with teachers to meet at the same time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:56 AM
A teacher had given me a heads up about a week prior. She couldn't remember if it was on Monday or Tuesday without knowing a confirmed date, I couldn't take the time off. I drove by the marquee everyday leading up to receiving the letter via mail - it wasn't posted. There wasn't notice.

And, it's not a big deal but I have to mess around with my schedule a lot to ensure I can be there for everything. I try my best and I just get a bit flustered.

Quoting Anonymous: I doubt thats the first notice you probably weren't paying attention. Either way tho not a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:57 AM
The teachers union is who you have to thank for all activities being held during normal working hours.
The lack of informing you isn't good but I usually find when that happens my DS has usually been lax in remembering to bring home the paperwork. Frustrates me to no end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM
I feel you there and I thought about it before. I just like for my kids to get to do the same things the other kids get to do. I'm not a hassle with teachers - although I know a few parents that are. I just feel like I let my kids down more than anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

its because the teachers have figured out a way not to have to deal with most of you parents.

The reason is because the mom has now turned into someone who has no life outside of telling the teacher & school what they can & can not do , since their kid goes to that school ( this year). I find it funny that most of these moms are new moms and the school has been running just fine before her kid started there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:59 AM
That'd be awesome for me! I only have Saturdays off!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Our school does it all in one day, on a Saturday. We have to spend all day at the school....and split up because we have 2 kids with teachers to meet at the same time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)