Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

schools closed again

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 23 Replies
3 moms liked this
I work in Florissant MO 5 mins from Ferguson. I'm just want life to go back to normal. People get shot and killed all the time. Why risk the safety more of others. Why not allow our children the right to an education.
I work for a special needs school these kids have no clue what is happening in their backyard. Many of them don't understand nor do they care. They were just getting back into the swing of life and school. So much suffering over what? This isn't about a young man who is dead this is about a bunch of people looking for an excuse to distroy a town.
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I agree, I feel bad for all the store owners they are looting from, they had nothing to do with the shooting, so how do these people justify looting from them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Hopefull the National guard will keep the peace there.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM
4 moms liked this

exactly - how is shooting at buildings and throwing molitov cocktails supposed to make cops not jump to conclusions about urban black men?

KayteaCat217
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM
There could be 500 peaceful protesters and only 20 people looting, and looting is all the people would focus on. This opened a discussion that needs to be had, and I'm glad people are standing up and saying enough is enough.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Freedom is abused when people feel it is ok to take their anger out on OTHERS

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I agree with you. This whole thing makes my blood boil! Those looters don't want justice, they don't want answers, they just want an excuse to act like animals and hurt innocent people.Every last one of them needs to be locked up!

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM

20 people looting is 20 people too many.

Quoting KayteaCat217: There could be 500 peaceful protesters and only 20 people looting, and looting is all the people would focus on. This opened a discussion that needs to be had, and I'm glad people are standing up and saying enough is enough.

vamaria
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Sending prayers for a peaceful resolution. My heart goes out to all the innocent parties getting hurt here. Do you think the National Guard's presence will help?

KayteaCat217
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Agreed. The looting is stupid. But let's stop giving them attention and focus on the positive strides that have been made.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

20 people looting is 20 people too many.

Quoting KayteaCat217: There could be 500 peaceful protesters and only 20 people looting, and looting is all the people would focus on. This opened a discussion that needs to be had, and I'm glad people are standing up and saying enough is enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I feel so bad for all of you near there. You don't have anything to do with the case yet everything is affected around you. I am glad they closed the schools just for safety sake.
I hope the national guard brings some peace to that area.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)