Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My boyfriend wants to try for a girl regardless we cant afford to

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I support our family. He works but half of his pay goes to alimony. We have a child together and another child that is mine from a previous relationship, both boys. I tried telling him I'm done having kids(I have an iud til I can afford the tubal). I make $38K a year and that is not enough to support a family of 5. He makes $23K a year. Used to make more at his last job but he screwed up and quit and no one from his job field would hire him so he had to settle for less. I told him we'd have to go back on food stamps again. And he said do what, other people do it. Other people are able to make it with 3 kids. Yeah only if they are either not on the system, make a ton more than both of us combined or simply abuse the system. I don't want that. I had to rush back to work after we had our little one cause his ex was suing him for back alimony. I was still recovering and it was either pay rent or pay ex and get kicked out into the street.

I refuse to go through that again. Fyi we planned our child cause we knew we'd never marry. He's an older man too so by the time the alimony is paid off, he'll be too old or dead.We're 20 years apart. Sorry ladies, finding a good man my age is impossible since a majority here just want sex or for you to look like Miley Cyrus.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Just say no. Sit down and show him the finances if needed to show that you couldn't afford another child. Plus, there is no guarantee that you would get a girl anyways.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

The last part about men wanting a woman that looks like Miley Cyrus made lol. I don't know where you live, but that's the best they could come up with?

As far as your situation, sometimes what we want and what is resonable are two different things. I think you have a good head on your shoulders and are thinking this through.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Just how old is this guy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Sounds like a winner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Quoting Nicoleb9: Just how old is this guy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM
New Jersey.

Quoting km1970:

The last part about men wanting a woman that looks like Miley Cyrus made lol. I don't know where you live, but that's the best they could come up with?

As far as your situation, sometimes what we want and what is resonable are two different things. I think you have a good head on your shoulders and are thinking this through.

craazycuckoo
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Riiiiight

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this
What kind of loser only makes $23,000 as an "older man"?

Tell him you refuse to have any more children until each of the ones you already have has at least $20,000 in his college fund. That should shut him up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Wow. He is a winner.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Oy vey.

He's 49, making $23k/year, paying alimony, with one child, a step child, and thinks it's a bright idea to bring another child into the world, whom he's woefully incapable of providing for?

Good grief.

Quoting Anonymous: 49

Quoting Nicoleb9: Just how old is this guy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN