Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My pit doesn't like anyone but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Me and my dd.They grew up together.Anyway, the dog is protective very protective.He is under control at all times, he is obedient and listens to MY commands.He has had professional training.There is no doubt in my mind that he would rip out someone's throat if me or my dd were in harms way.When he goes on walks with us, if there's a stranger passing by or basically anyone that catches his eye he pays attention.If someone comes too close to us he makes sure he is in between us.Hes like our own body guard lol, he would never hurt us but someone else yes he would.Is your dog mean in any way?Is your dog like mine?.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Our dog is very protective too, she even alerts if my husband and I raise our voices to the kids. She's only 8 months old. She pretty much sticks to our sides every time we take her for a walk. She's very friendly, but she always hesitates when she meets new people until she sees how we react to them.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to have a dog like that, but she passed. The dogs we have now would wag their tail and lick the guy murdering me.
KristaP13
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Both of my dogs are very protective & that's the way I want them be.  I don't want them to run up to every stranger being friendly. One is a German shepherd, one is boxer-pit bull mix. 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM

My dog is not mean in anyway, nor is he that protective. That could lead to potential aggression and I am not cool with that. As an owner of a pit bull, I feel that the best way to educate people on the true nature of the breed, is to own one who shows it. Mine exemplifies all the good qualities of the breed. This sadly is why when he was 10 months old he was tied to a basketball net and left in a park to die.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Same here but he has to check the person out first lol, I'm telling you this dog thinks he's my owner lol..recently I was walking and a guy was walking towards to ask me for directions to this nutrition store that just opened and the dog went into attack mode, he stood in front me, head down and growling lol..I'm like wtf will you stop he just wants directions..The only thing he's afraid of is the fly swatter.

Quoting AHmom103:

Our dog is very protective too, she even alerts if my husband and I raise our voices to the kids. She's only 8 months old. She pretty much sticks to our sides every time we take her for a walk. She's very friendly, but she always hesitates when she meets new people until she sees how we react to them.

JRSMOM0621
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I would love to train our dog to protect my kids... but I dont think she would since she is all social (she is 10 wks)

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a beautiful angel

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Lol as long as my intruder doesn't have a fly swatter on him then I'm fine...But if there's a fly swatter present then my dog is out and I'm on my own

Quoting Danesmommy1: I used to have a dog like that, but she passed. The dogs we have now would wag their tail and lick the guy murdering me.
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Wow, so far, my Annabelle has never gone that far. As long as we don't seem stressed out by a person, she's just fine. Actually, she kind of likes people too much if we don't seem to have a problem with them. I'd have to say, she's probably a better watch dog than guard dog. If anyone comes near our property, she starts going nuts until I check things out, or take her out to say hello. She listens pretty well when I tell her to knock it off.

Quoting Anonymous: Same here but he has to check the person out first lol, I'm telling you this dog thinks he's my owner lol..recently I was walking and a guy was walking towards to ask me for directions to this nutrition store that just opened and the dog went into attack mode, he stood in front me, head down and growling lol..I'm like wtf will you stop he just wants directions..The only thing he's afraid of is the fly swatter.
Quoting AHmom103:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I'll never own a dog that can kill a grown adult.

Period.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM
My Australian shepherd/blue heeler mix is the same way. He warms up to people when they're in the house with us but outside or alone in the house without us, he's pretty mean. My chihuahua barks at everyone but she runs if you get too close.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN