Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

** EDIT ** Your kid is 4, you can NO longer use that as an excuse to be fat!!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM
  • 123 Replies
1 mom liked this
Omg, stop telling me to Mind my own business. Nothing on this website is our business, but we post because we want to share our opinions.

2) I made very clear that I am NOT talking about people with medical conditions. Though it does seem like more than half of you have Thyroid problems.

3) if you like being fat, then so be it. I'm not asking anyone if they like or to justify their weight. All I'm saying that you can't use your kids as an excuse forever. It's pathetic.

If your child is over 1 yrs old, they are no longer an excuse to be fat! Yes, getting pregnant messes with your whole body, but you can also go back to being in shape. I think too many women use being a mom for an excuse to let themselves go and stop taking care of themselves.

And before you start, I'm NOT talking about MEN and if they let themselves go too.

I am NOT talking about 'What if there is a medical condition that makes it hard to lose weight'

And NO I do not think I'm perfect, I just think it's important to always take care of yourself even if you are married with 10 kids. It's setting a good example for your children.

**** For you that say it's not easy, I never said it was. But, you don't need a gym membership to get into shape, and to be healthy. There are so many activities you can do with your children and incorporate exercise in your daily routine. It's only difficult if you make it hard.
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Ffs how many times has this been posted. GET THE FUCK OVER IT N MYOB
Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Thanks for the bump :)

And if we were to mind our own fucking business, MC would be boring as fuck!

Quoting Anonymous: Ffs how many times has this been posted. GET THE FUCK OVER IT N MYOB
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Meh ur welcome just my opinion.

Quoting Glitter_Shart: Thanks for the bump :)

And if we were to mind our own fucking business, MC would be boring as fuck!

Quoting Anonymous: Ffs how many times has this been posted. GET THE FUCK OVER IT N MYOB
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yay its bash fatty day again on mc
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I can think of lots of ways that kids make it very difficult to lose weight or stay in good shape. Gym memberships are expensive, jogging strollers only hold so much weight/so many kids, at-home workouts are only useful if you don't have children climbing all over you the whole time...

I was in great shape prior to kids. Since kids, it's tough. I can afford the gym membership, but I can't go unless my kids are healthy and I don't have anything else going on during the babysitting hours. I have a jogging stroller but my knees are shot and the weather isn't really good for the kids being out anyway. So I'm getting back in shape, but it's slow - and my youngest is over a year and a half old.

Glitter_Shart
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:34 AM
It's still all excuses. You don't need to go to the fungi stay in shape. You can do lots with your children that includes getting plenty of exercise.

Quoting B1Bomber:

I can think of lots of ways that kids make it very difficult to lose weight or stay in good shape. Gym memberships are expensive, jogging strollers only hold so much weight/so many kids, at-home workouts are only useful if you don't have children climbing all over you the whole time...

I was in great shape prior to kids. Since kids, it's tough. I can afford the gym membership, but I can't go unless my kids are healthy and I don't have anything else going on during the babysitting hours. I have a jogging stroller but my knees are shot and the weather isn't really good for the kids being out anyway. So I'm getting back in shape, but it's slow - and my youngest is over a year and a half old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I agree. Sorry fatties....
greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:28 AM
What if they don't want to lose weight? What if they were skinny before and look better after they had their baby? I didn't want to lose weight after I had my kids
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Whatever.  I personally was amazed at how little time I had for myself when my kids were little.  I thought for sure I'd have far more time, and shit would be easy.

It wasn't. 

*shrug*  I am back to the weight I was when we got married, 3 years pre kids.  It's a hell of a lot easier now that the kids are older. 

I figure people will lose weight when they are ready to.  Some never are.  If they want to make excuses - so what?  They probably know they are offering excuses.  What does it hurt me?

It doesn't. 

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM

It took me three years after the birth of my son to drop the weight, It took that long for me to get a routine down that worked for me. Im sorry but not everyone is going to just bounce back in the first year of having a child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN