Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i had dental surgery, is this normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I had dental surgery on Friday. I knew I would be sore and swollen. But this morning I woke up with my eye all puffed out and the pain is worse. I have called my Dr and he wants to see me at 1:30.
Any one have any advice? My head is killing me so badly.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Me
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Do you have painkillers? Take those and rest. See what he says today at your appt.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM
There may be an infection or dry socket. Dry sockets are awfully painful, but easy to treat. Good luck.
rocamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Have you been putting ice on it? You poor thing. What did you have done? I had an implant in and a skin graph. I was swollen but not up in my eye. :l
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I did have pain killers, they only gave me 20 pills. And I was taking them every four Hours.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Do you have painkillers? Take those and rest. See what he says today at your appt.
JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I'm guessing infection. Do you have alcohol mouth wash?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I saw your pic and that does look bad:( hang in there till this afternoon.

Quoting Anonymous: I did have pain killers, they only gave me 20 pills. And I was taking them every four Hours.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Do you have painkillers? Take those and rest. See what he says today at your appt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Yes, I have ice on. I had all my teeth pulled. I was on an car wreck, and most of my teeth were broken. (Had seat belt on but still hit the dashboard ). So I had my teeth pulled Friday to start getting my false teeth

Quoting rocamom: Have you been putting ice on it? You poor thing. What did you have done? I had an implant in and a skin graph. I was swollen but not up in my eye. :l
erin708
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM
What did u have done? I had a tooth pulled and they had to use alot of force. They said my face would look terrible the next day. Hope theres nothing seriously wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I am so sorry you are hurting. No that is not normal. Just take your meds and wait for your appointment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)