Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drug classes instead of prison?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies

So BM was charged with possession of controlled substance. She went to court, found her guilty and supposedly gave her the option to take some sort of drug classes, or go to prison for 2 years. She obvioulsy chose the classes. Well that was over 2 years ago, and she still hasn't taken the classes. She told DH last night, that she owes them over 500$, (I don't know if that's for the classes or court fees) and hasn't taken the classes yet, so she doesn't know whats going to happen.  Does anyone know anything about this kind of stuff? Could she end up in prison?? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elaflynts
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM

is she on probation?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM
3 moms liked this

I've had lots of experience with drug charges and penalities.  NEVER EVER once has ANYONE been given the option of 2 years in prison OR drug classes.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Usually there is a suspended sentence pending the completion of said classes. There is usually a time limit to complete the classes. Yes, it is very likely she could go to prison.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM
She probably won't. Are you hoping she will? And 2 years for possession? Wow...what was the substance? How much did she possess?
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Yes she could end up in prison for not meeting the conditions of her release. Why on earth would she not find a way to raise the money and take the classes? That just baffles me.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:27 PM

ugh fucking waste of tax dollars. Send their asses to rehab

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:28 PM
My ex was given the option of 9mo in rehab or 2 years in prison on DUI charges, I'm sure there are cases where they make the same deals for drugs especially with prison overcrowding and for first time offenders.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had lots of experience with drug charges and penalities.  NEVER EVER once has ANYONE been given the option of 2 years in prison OR drug classes.

cmjustice
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Yes, if she violated a court order, she is in contempt of court and she will be held in contempt. More than likely the sentence was suspended pending her completion of IOT (Intensive Outpatient Treatment). If she hasn't completed what she's supposed to complete, the original sentence will be imposed, whatever the penalty was. I'd ask to see a copy of the order. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Like I said, Apparently. This is what she is telling DH. We don't know facts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:35 PM

No, Shes not the best mom, but I don't want her to go to prison for SDs sake. But honestly, I have no idea. We dont know any of the details, Just what she is telling us. 

Quoting Anonymous: She probably won't. Are you hoping she will? And 2 years for possession? Wow...what was the substance? How much did she possess?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN