Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so excited I could cry vent added

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
As some my know my son has a rare deletion, well a professor at Penn state has taken it upon himself to do more research on this deletion and get us parents more answers.

I'm so happy so glad I started my son's Facebook page.

I started my son's page to meet other parents. Well everyone is wanting to get together and meet the professor. So I posted this morning that I am going to figure something out so that everyone even the parents in the UK and other places outside the US can be involved also.

Well one of the moms that I haven't gotten along with due to lies I've caught her in basically told me since the professor came about all I've done is try to control everything and that I should post it in the support group another parent made.

It really upset me because without my son's page there would be no professor no support group nothing.

Am I wrong to try and help plan a meet up? I am not going just do it but am going to try to get funding so parents don't have to go into more debt or have to worry about the planning part of it. I wasn't going to do it all on my own. I put that if other parents wanted to be involved in it to message me, as I know not all have the time or energy to deal with it all.

I'm so upset over this all I've done is to help these parents. I'm not getting paid to spend hours on end answering their questions, give them advice, help them understand paperwork. I just want to cry right now and take my son's page down.
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adhaodd1child
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy dance
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Yay!

adhaodd1child
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I'm wanting scream that from the top of a mountain. Been praying for this for 5 years and it finally fell in my lap.

Quoting VintageWife:

Yay!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM

whats a deletion?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Quoting wooly:

whats a deletion?

adhaodd1child
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM
It's a chromosome deletion part of his dna/genes are missing

Quoting wooly:

whats a deletion?

adhaodd1child
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM
It's a chromosome deletion he's missing part if his dna/genes

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wooly:

whats a deletion?

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM

wow, and they thought my baby's condition was rare when he was born. I've never even heard of this before. how does it manifest?

Quoting adhaodd1child: It's a chromosome deletion he's missing part if his dna/genes

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting wooly:

whats a deletion?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Never even knew this existed. So happy you are finally getting help/answers

Quoting adhaodd1child: It's a chromosome deletion he's missing part if his dna/genes

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wooly:

whats a deletion?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)