Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS's wish got approved and we're happy!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
65 moms liked this

DS 14 is battling rhabdomyosarcoma and he wish to go to Japan because he loves Pokemon and they have a place called Pokemon Center all around Japan. He's a huge Pokemon fan and before he was diagnose with cancer he took karate classes as well and he knows quite a bit about Japan. Got a letter from Make-A-Wish saying his wish got approved and DH and I talked about it and DH works as a store manager at Target is using his paid vacation because of DS' wish approved and the Target district manager told him it's okay and told him to enjoy his vacation with family...so DS, DH, DD 3, and I are going to Japan on September 21-27, 2014 and DS will turn 15 on September 23 of course DH chose the week of DS's birthday. The first thing DS wanted to go to is Pokemon Center and I'm pretty sure he'll splurge for Pokemon merchandises hahaha. Not going to tell DS yet, but Make-A-Wish also said that DS will be seeing Pokemon creator Satoshi Taijiri and Pokemon artist Ken Sugimori, I will not tell DS yet because I wanted it to be a surprise for DS. After what DS is going through, he's excited. I got a list of what we need to bring to Japan and it's really long LOL and I never been out of United States before myself and DH been to Canada and Mexico. He's going to be so happy and as parents we'll have a piece of mind because he got what he wanted and if he's happy we're happy. If you want, keep praying for him and the family for what he's going through and hopefully everything be okay.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so awesome! I am sure he will love every second of it!

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't come here to cry!! How awesome that he gets his wish, but I wish it were under better circumstances. Have fun and enjoy your time in Japan. Please post pics.

How is your son doing?
Spam72
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Exciting. We were in Washington, D.C. Last week for Pokemon worlds. My son got an invite to compete. He finished around 100 in the world! Here is dh being the nerd he is in his official world hat.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Awesome
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM
That is awesome!
mommykate4
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:45 PM
That's really exciting! Enjoy ur trip:)
mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:45 PM
That's awesome! So glad they are doing that!
-42-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:47 PM
How awesome! Hope you guys have a blast and he has a wonderful, well deserved birthday trip!
mlpcrusader
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck keeping that secret! I'd die inside from excitement and the urge to tell my child! Lol, how fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2014 at 4:50 PM
4 moms liked this

We will post pics whenever we get back. He's doing okay right now, not as bad as he was. He's being treated at St. Jude's and since we live near Memphis, TN we can go back and forth without worrying. The doctors are excellent at taking care of him and other patients who are battlng cancer and other serious illness. It's a wonderful hospital and we don't have to pay a cent for him being at St. Jude's. There's been associates at Target my DH works at as a store manager, they heard the story and they pitched in and donated to St. Jude's and got cards for DS.

Quoting MichLW69: I didn't come here to cry!! How awesome that he gets his wish, but I wish it were under better circumstances. Have fun and enjoy your time in Japan. Please post pics. How is your son doing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)