Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

waiting til the kids are 18 to start dating again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
I feel it's best. My mom says it's disrespectful to date while being a mother to a toddler and pre schooler. She's right. No man around here wants a woman who already has kids. Maybe I would've had better luck if I stayed a virgin.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Hmm tell that to my husband who ive been with since my children were 6months and 1 year old.
Lele123
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Ummm... No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Well you got lucky. You probably were extremely attractive and weren't under a lot of stress and ugly like me.

Quoting BEXi: Hmm tell that to my husband who ive been with since my children were 6months and 1 year old.
notjustamomee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids aren't as young as yours, but I too have vowed to be single till they are of age. This is just what I feel is right for and my children. However don't sell yourself short. Keep your head up.
grey7399
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:23 AM

well good luck with that.  

I don't agree with zero dating, I do think its best if the woman makes the man wait a year to meet her kids.  She had to wait 9 months, he can too.

BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have an awful insecurity going on. I bet youre not ugly like you think you are.

Dont let people talk you down.

Quoting Anonymous: Well you got lucky. You probably were extremely attractive and weren't under a lot of stress and ugly like me.

Quoting BEXi: Hmm tell that to my husband who ive been with since my children were 6months and 1 year old.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Good luck with that.
BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and if I waited to date, my boys wouldve missed out on having an amazing father figure in their life. I dont regret it one bit..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I think its a good idea to be careful who you date and make sure ypu set the standard as to how you allow them to treat you, there are lots of nen who will date single moms, but the thing is this; dont be the woman who needs a man, be the woman a man needs, strong, independent, self reliant and a woman who doesn't settle for a man because she thinks she needs one
zeezoo
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this

:( You should put more worth on yourself. You never know, you may find a wonderful man who will love your children like his own and live a full, happy life with him. There is nothing wrong with being alone, but your reasons are sad to me.

Quoting Anonymous: Well you got lucky. You probably were extremely attractive and weren't under a lot of stress and ugly like me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN