Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What to expect

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
At am IEP meeting? Any advice, tips, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM
An***
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM
What does Iep mean?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Individual education plan.

Quoting Anonymous: What does Iep mean?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I don't know what that means so no advice from me :)

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Expect a lot of professionals and teachers depending on your childs disability. The CSE chair and school psychologist. Our State adds on a parent member. Also be sure to bring a friend or trusted family member for support. Best of luck OP I am an IEP veteran!

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM
They will go over what your child will be working on this year, ask for your input. They will set goals for your child to work towards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Just make sure you get what you want in print.  Also don't sign it if you disagree with something on there.

trfgirl56701
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM

They basically tell you what they are planning to work on with your child during the year and you can change or tweak anything you want. I went to 2 last year for my DS. They also send you updates each semester on how well they're progressing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Basically they just go over where the child is at and where they need to be and then come up with game plan on how to help the child and what will be done so everybody on same page. And then it's signing paperwork and that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Teachers and other school staff sitting with you to talk about concerns and needs specific to your child. You express any concerns you have, they will devise a plan to educate your child the best they can while keeping in mind the limitations your child has. They write a very specific plan (the iep) It should outline what they are going to work on throughout the year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)