Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lazy @** sahm and wm!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
1 mom liked this
Wtf are you doing at home that you can't teach your kid how to read?? How dare you get mad at the teacher because it's taking your snowflake so long to learn when she has 25 other kids to deal with. Learning starts at home and your kid should already be reading and at least doing some math before entering school. Or at least halfway there.

Having other kids is not an excuse. Stop having so many if you can't give them the attention and education they deserve.

Having a job is not an excuse. Set some time to sit and read a goddamn book with your children.

Oh and don't say dad should be helping too. Of course he should. But the majority of the time, moms are the primary care givers in the home, married or not. Take initiative.

If you're too lazy and pitiful to teach your kids then hire someone to do it. And I bet some mothers would rather do that anyway. Smh
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM
7 moms liked this

I stopped reading at "snowflake". So stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I pay teachers for....to teach!
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:11 PM
I kind of agree. I think it starts at home. A child should be introduced to reading prior to going to school.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Tell us how you really feel.
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this
What crawled up your ass? Some kids despite the parents best intentions are not reading when they enter school each kid is different and will develop skills in their own time. What does it matter to you anyways?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Very few kids read and do math before starting school. That's why the primary curriculum of kindergarten includes reading and math. Parents should be working with their kids at home, yes, but the vast majority of kids learn to read after starting kindergarten (unless they attended an academic preschool).

24Mom2Be
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Eh, I kinda agree. Parents are lazy nowadays. My only problem is when I try to read to my daughter, she insists that she wants to read to me. And I really don't want to make reading time a battle.
sarbear8508
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM
I work full time but still find time to help dd. I made flashcards with words on them and we read them at night. Last year we labeled everything so she can become familiar with the words. I understand that way too ofen teachers are overworked and have too many students. I don't get mad at the teachers. I believe we should all be helping as much as we can regardless.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Quoting numonestunar: I kind of agree. I think it starts at home. A child should be introduced to reading prior to going to school.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Wait, so kids should already be able to do math and read, before they go to school where they'll learn math and reading? I'm confused.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN