Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My school supplies drama

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Thursday of last week was orientation. I was checked the schools website that morning and there was no school supply list yet for 6th grade. (It's a k-12 school, supply lists were up for k-5). I figured 6th would get their list on the first day.

Sunday morning, I looked at the website for something else and the 6th grade list was there. I ran around Sunday afternoon and got school supplies.

Monday was the first day of school. When she got home, she told me the list for math was wrong. I went out Monday night and got her the right stuff.

Last night, we went over her syllabi. There were 3 more things she needed. Went to store.

She just sent me a text. "I need dividers for my social studies binder too"

Someone please tell me this will eventually end?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was in school I don't remember having to buy that many supplies. The schools provided the majority of them. Times have changed...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I know how you feel! My son started 8th grade this year and the list was just basic items, UNTIL each and every teacher gave their list out. LORD, everyone wanted this or that and they wanted the expensive items. I am glad school shopping is over with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:31 PM

It will end... when shes 18 lol

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Wow. I would not be going to the store every freaking day. Talk to the teacher and find out everything you need so you can get it all at once.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I know the feeling.  Dd came home Monday and needed another notebook, pencil sharpener and ruler. I happened to have extra.  She also brought back the large pack of card stock that was on the supply list cause they didn't need it after all.  I have no use for it but will hang on to it cause one day, I am sure it will be needed for some reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM
When I was a kid, we had to bring as much as I've bought this year, but it was all on the lists we got from the teachers on the first day.

Quoting owl0210: When I was in school I don't remember having to buy that many supplies. The schools provided the majority of them. Times have changed...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Dd's stuff isn't too expensive this year (thankfully). It's just everytime I think it's done... I need this too. Aaaack!

Quoting Anonymous:

I know how you feel! My son started 8th grade this year and the list was just basic items, UNTIL each and every teacher gave their list out. LORD, everyone wanted this or that and they wanted the expensive items. I am glad school shopping is over with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Lol ;) something to look forward to.

Quoting Anonymous:

It will end... when shes 18 lol

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM

My daughter started high school 2 years ago.  She didn't get her supply list until AFTER school started.  And I have to buy her textbooks.  I just bought the basic stuff that I knew she'd need.. paper, pens, pencils, binders, dividers, book socks, jump drive.   Then when school started, I picked up the few things that were on the list.  It sucks.  I don't know why high schools can't get their s#it together and have the teachers post their list on the school website.   Fortunately, her school starts a week before Labor Day, so the school supply stuff will still be in the stores.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:41 PM
She has 7 different teachers. And I thought the supply list covered it.

Quoting Seagodess:

Wow. I would not be going to the store every freaking day. Talk to the teacher and find out everything you need so you can get it all at once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN