Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh says he is ashamed of me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

Because i am constantly yelling and dont take care of myself. He says he is ashamed to talk to neighbours because of how i look and behave. I on the other hand feel overwhelmed and can not think about 'performance' i live as i can. 

I am hurt by what dh says, but i want him to feel better too

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM

He's being disrespectful by saying that, but why do you feel overwhelmed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:55 AM

I am introverted and my children drive me crazy. I should also add that he helps me a lot, but it doesnt keep me sane

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

He's being disrespectful by saying that, but why do you feel overwhelmed?

mommy_Frias
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Well saying anything about the way you look is low. But, maybe you could use your words and not your volume as far as yelling goes......
I yell alot too...., its ok momma bear . We all get worked up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:00 AM

I bet i yell louder

Quoting mommy_Frias: Well saying anything about the way you look is low. But, maybe you could use your words and not your volume as far as yelling goes...... I yell alot too...., its ok momma bear . We all get worked up

eve210
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:01 AM
It's wrong for him to disregard your feelings and tell you he's ashamed.
How do you not take care of yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuckIt69
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you're both unhappy.
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, it feels like yelling is the only way to get through to my kids.  I'll ask nicely for one of them to do something.  They ignore me.  I ask nicely again.  It still doesn't happen.  I yell that they need to do it and they finally move their butts. 

Example, my DD is horrible about taking her shoes off anywhere.  We have no closets in this house, so all shoes go on/near the shoe rack by the back door.  Now, she's 3, so I get that she's not going to put her shoes away.  It does drive me just a little batty when she's taken ALL of her shoes off somewhere and then can't find any to wear when we need to leave the house (and expects me to know where they are).  Anyway, as I find a pair I ask her to put them away.  "Adelin, your Doc McStuffins shoes don't belong in the bathroom.  Could you put them away, please?"  10 minutes later, they're still there.  "Adelin, I asked you to put your shoes away.  Please come pick them up and put them by the door."  Walk past again, and they're still there.  "ADELIN! PICK UP YOUR SHOES AND PUT THEM BY THE DOOR!"  At that point she runs over, grabs them, and takes them to the door.

I hate yelling at my kids to get them to do what they're told, but it seems to be the only way that they'll actually listen.  Happens with DS as well, who is 6. 

Quoting mommy_Frias: Well saying anything about the way you look is low. But, maybe you could use your words and not your volume as far as yelling goes...... I yell alot too...., its ok momma bear . We all get worked up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Should have added wwyd?

Quoting SuckIt69: Sounds like you're both unhappy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Same with my children

Quoting ncbirdie:

Sometimes, it feels like yelling is the only way to get through to my kids.  I'll ask nicely for one of them to do something.  They ignore me.  I ask nicely again.  It still doesn't happen.  I yell that they need to do it and they finally move their butts. 

Example, my DD is horrible about taking her shoes off anywhere.  We have no closets in this house, so all shoes go on/near the shoe rack by the back door.  Now, she's 3, so I get that she's not going to put her shoes away.  It does drive me just a little batty when she's taken ALL of her shoes off somewhere and then can't find any to wear when we need to leave the house (and expects me to know where they are).  Anyway, as I find a pair I ask her to put them away.  "Adelin, your Doc McStuffins shoes don't belong in the bathroom.  Could you put them away, please?"  10 minutes later, they're still there.  "Adelin, I asked you to put your shoes away.  Please come pick them up and put them by the door."  Walk past again, and they're still there.  "ADELIN! PICK UP YOUR SHOES AND PUT THEM BY THE DOOR!"  At that point she runs over, grabs them, and takes them to the door.

I hate yelling at my kids to get them to do what they're told, but it seems to be the only way that they'll actually listen.  Happens with DS as well, who is 6. 

FaithHope6
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM
I yell too and my husband hated it when we first got together but now he doesn't say a thing. I don't believe a husband should bring you down with words. He should love you the way you are.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN