Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

But the fruit of the spirit is..* A Christian post*

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:31 AM
  • 23 Replies
3 moms liked this

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It's also the evidence that God lives in our hearts. I know that none of us are perfect, that we're only human and mess up a lot, but we strive to live by these characteristics. I also believe that when we do mess up, maybe say or do something we regret to others or to ourselves that when we feel guilty about it is when God convicts us and we can learn from and admit our wrongs to God, ourselves and those we hurt. When we do these things stripping the pride which holds us back in our lives humbling ourselves to God and others is when we know that God truly lives in our hearts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:52 AM

bump

lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

It's also the evidence that God lives in our hearts. I know that none of us are perfect, that we're only human and mess up a lot, but we strive to live by these characteristics. I also believe that when we do mess up, maybe say or do something we regret to others or to ourselves that when we feel guilty about it is when God convicts us and we can learn from and admit our wrongs to God, ourselves and those we hurt. When we do these things stripping the pride which holds us back in our lives humbling ourselves to God and others is when we know that God truly lives in our hearts. 

Very well said..:) Good Morning BTW!

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Thanks I needed this reminder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Atheists can have those characteristics. Mormons that are deceived by false doctrine can have those characteristics. Does God live in their hearts?

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:19 AM

wOw- Co-inky dink... I was reading this Chapter this morning!!

Luke 6:43-46King James Version (KJV)

43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

witchqueen
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

But there will only be room for these things, in your heart and mind, if you kick your imaginary god OUT! 

lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Quoting redheadstar:

wOw- Co-inky dink... I was reading this Chapter this morning!!

Luke 6:43-46King James Version (KJV)

43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Awesome!

imakehimscream
by He screams on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM
My dd learned this in summer camp. That's what it was based around. Her favorite song she sings alot is God is able.
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Quoting imakehimscream: My dd learned this in summer camp. That's what it was based around. Her favorite song she sings alot is God is able.

Awesome! I finally got all of the VBS songs out of my head..LOL! Only took 2 months...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)