Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there any amount of money?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:01 AM
  • 143 Replies
When DH retires next year from the military, he is ordered to give his ex wife $400 a month of his retirement pay for the rest of their lives. (No he did not cheat, she did actually) but he was so tired of fighting and going to court that he gave in just to be able to get away.

She has been in the same Relationship for 7 years. (Yes the man she cheated with) Lives with him. They seem happy and well suited for each other. He wants to marry her.

She says no. Why? Because if she marries, she won't get the $400 a month. WTF?

DH hopes she dies. I hate when he says that but I wasn't the one cheated on in a horrible horrible way. I just pray she marries, every night I pray. Lol

To me no amount of money is worth not being married to the man I love.

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Bump
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Not something I would do. $400 is not a lot of money to put your life on hold.
momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Exactly!

Quoting TaralynnStewart: Not something I would do. $400 is not a lot of money to put your life on hold.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM
My ex stepmom is doing something similar. My dad cheated, felt bad (rightfully) and agreed to anything she wanted during the divorce. Within 3 months of the divorce she was with someone new. They have been together 8 years, had a "marriage ceremony" and live together. They won't marry so that she can continue getting alimony and maintain eligibility for college grants.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Yeah, that sucks.
Lo428
by get over yourself on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't think it's the money as much as wanting to have some power over him still.

by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Thats messed up, on her part of course. 

momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Probably. Which I do not understand. She cheated on him. With his nurse while he was wounded while serving on a ship in the military!

Quoting Lo428:

I don't think it's the money as much as wanting to have some power over him still.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:12 AM
My aunt did the same thing. I hated to see my uncle struggle, but she was entitled to the money. He died this past February, so he finally was able to stop paying her. I don't know if she married her long time companion yet, our family doesn't like her, they never did, so we don't bother with her.
skrbelly
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Why do you care? How old is she? I think she's smart to look out for her best interests. There's a million moms on here that got/are love-broke.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN