Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

False allegations what can happen?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
An ex friend of mine called social services on me for revenge because I told her I didn't want her around me and my kids. She got mad made a whirlwind of accusations against me. Since I have nothing to hide. I let them investigate. Of course they didn't find anything at all. Case is closed. Now what can happen to her for making up those allegations?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Charges for filing a false report maybe, I guess it would be up to the agency to seek action. I have no clue really, glad y'all are ok though. Bump for someone who knows.

Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Nothing, if she doesn't do it often she gets away scot free. Sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM
They usually don't do anything for some one making false accusations. It happens all the time. Its ridiculous how often it happens, but it does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Thanks. I did get a restraining order against her and just really hope she gets charged with something. What she did was uncapped for and sick to bring my kids into something that needed to be bigger than she made it seem to be

Quoting littlesippycup:

Charges for filing a false report maybe, I guess it would be up to the agency to seek action. I have no clue really, glad y'all are ok though. Bump for someone who knows.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:05 PM
It would have to be proven she knowingly made a false report. Then depending on state she could face anywhere from 90 days to 5 years and/or $500-10,000 in fines.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:06 PM
That's what I was afraid of :-/ Sucks

Quoting Lostinindy: Nothing, if she doesn't do it often she gets away scot free. Sucks.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:06 PM

If this is the first time, most likely nothing. It's hard to prove that she made them up and wasn't just mistaken.

CafeMom Tickers
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:07 PM

That's scary she's so crazy =( Stay safe.

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks. I did get a restraining order against her and just really hope she gets charged with something. What she did was uncapped for and sick to bring my kids into something that needed to be bigger than she made it seem to be
Quoting littlesippycup:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Nothing. Rarely do they ever do anything to the person called it in
grey7399
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM

over here?  they labeled her a nut job and threatened to call the police on her if she called again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)