Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dude... my niece is a fibber

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok so... my husband and i are team green, both times. if it happens again we will again... 

well earlier in the summer, i posted about my niece, (Dh's oldest sister's daughter) is pregnant. 19yo her boyfriend is 24 due in December.... when they came here, to tell us she was pregnant... she sat on my couch and they both swore up and down. they don't want to know.... they wouldn't be finding out... that made me feel like i had a bond with my niece. 

well low and behold it's august and I'm planning a gender reveal cupcake party for this weekend.....

she fibbed to me.

and before you all start in on me about how it's not my baby, and this and that and the other thing. i completely 100% support her decision. which is why i am throwing the party per her request. pink and blue frosted cupcakes... sealed envelope with the gender to the baker, ya know the whole deal, no gifts just a way for everyone to share in the excitement of finding out. which is cool man. 

all i know is i will never forget the times when i heard "it's a boy!!!" and "it's a girl!!!" while i heard my babies cry for the first time.... the feeling was amazing. ultimately there is no disappointment for me. i can't change the outcome, there are no real surprises in life anymore. i didn't need to know. i respect and understand those who do, I'm just a little let down, that they were so steadfast and it's all changed.... 

but in the end it's not about me. it's about making this party awesome, and i had to get that off my chest first. 

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Bummer dude.

BostonGirl0301
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Ehhh she changed her mind. Not a big deal.

Pixers
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

bummer simple frown

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

DH & I did not find out the sex of our baby either.  We loved the surprise when our DD was born!  She did wear a lot of green & yellow for the first few months of her life :)

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

aww =(

the_dude
by abides on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM

you're right it's not, just needed to get that out in the air, so i can fucking focus.... 

Quoting BostonGirl0301:

Ehhh she changed her mind. Not a big deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN